The flag of Ala Mhigo?

So, while I was exploring the beta this weekend, I stumbled across Little Ala Mhigo. I couldn't stick around for long and talk to all the NPCs, but it's looking a little bit nicer. Even has its own Aetheryte now.

I also noticed a couple of the entrances had these huge banners hung outside. They're all identical, but I don't recognise them. All things considered, I think I may have found the official crest of Ala Mhigo.

u98IRvf.jpg

8MUlsOt.jpg

cE2cwrz.jpg

The first two were outside the Eastern entrance, the third outside the West. I didn't see any hanging near the Southern entrance, the widest one that leads directly to the Aetheryte. It did have several of those high walls, but they were all bare.

Ala Mhigo was famed for several things; the Monk Job has its roots there, for example. The sword is just that, a sword. It doesn't mean that everyone in Ala Mhigo always used a sword.

Besides, looks like a greatsword to me.... Did you know that Yoshi-P has indicated the liberation of Ala Mhigo is slated for future content? ;)

Ala Mhigo had the strongest military of all the City-States in Eorzea and invaded Gridania at one point. It took the combined might of four other City-States to push them back. So one can infer that Ala Mhigo's military were very, VERY proficient with all manner of weaponry and combat.

EDIT: Also, swords are the common staple of noble weaponry, that's probably why it's on their flag.

The Rule of Cool applies to Eorzea as well, ha-ha-ha.