Seasoned RPer, new to FFXIV

Hi! I'm Danni! I'm looking for friends and a FC for roleplaying! I'm in my twenties, and work Monday - Friday, so I'm active evenings and weekends. I'm on the Mateus server! 

MMORPG background

I played WOW for a few years, but never got into roleplaying. I'm not super into competitive online games, so I tend to avoid pvp and raid activities unless I'm with friends. I played FFXIV for about a month when it launched, and just now picked it up again wanting to get back into it, realizing that it had a decent RP scene.

RP experience

I have been doing long form roleplaying since I was 12. Originally on forums and then moving over to instant messenger. I still RP via email. I'm relatively new to roleplaying in MMOs, so I'm kind of shy. But I get extremely jealous seeing everyone else have a good time! I wanna have a good time too!

Character ideas/info

I currently have two characters, both around level 30. I'm trying to level them up, so I haven't spent much time working on either of their stories. I don't know much of the in game lore yet. My favourite one at the moment is an arcanist Elezen named Silhara Salmalin (named after two of my favourite literary mages). He is a very tall, very serious scholar who's always on the hunt for more knowledge.

How did you learn about the coalition?

A post on Reddit from a few months ago mentioned it while I was looking for pointers to find people to RP with.

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? (e.g. Light, medium, or heavy)

Light to medium right now, I don't think I'm comfortable enough with the lore to get super serious about it. Eventually, maybe.

Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc.)

When I'm not working I spend a lot of time reading, writing and drawing. I'm a very chatty person so I love having friends to talk to. Feel free to send me a message! 

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome back to FFXIV!  o/  I hope you're able to settle well into MMO role playing. Your Silhara character sounds like a good one to explore the lore of the game, especially the recent history and current politics. There are also some interesting details on the nature of magic in the FFXIV setting that he could sink his teeth into. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there! I'm another person who was mildly into the game when it first came out, but only really got back into it like...a week ago 😅  we're on different servers, but I still wanted to say 'hello'!

Your scholar boy sounds like he'll be a fun one to get to know the lore through! And to roleplay with; I hope you find some people to click with, I think that's what I'm most worried about here, since I also don't have any MMO rp experience (but tonnes of forum-based and other kinds)