Welcome to AA...

Mara

Hello!

More pirates! I do intend on eventually hoisting the jolly roger, probably eventually making a linkshell consisting of a privateer/pirate crew or network of ne'erdowells who use assymetrical warfare and guerilla tactics against the Garlean empire. And who also enjoy a good shanty and a bit of grog. My character isn't quite "there" yet with the piracy thing, but he'll come around eventually.

My alt, however, is a piratical black mage right out of the gate. Great minds think alike! /highfive!

Funny enough, I was -just- talking with Mara about a piratey linkshell this morning. :D

Yes, yes... The Bonny Rose needs a crew. And Zarek will be useless, unless there's a job on the ship which requires one to be seasick all the time. ;) Eventually, maybe I'll set one up. Once she straightens out the mess her father left the family business in.

Ahem... Getting a bit carried away, there with the plotting... Sorry about that. *shoves her muses into a closet and locks them up for a bit*

@Asyria - I know I'm going to have one alt, just for the sake of playing with my dad, who's a straight-up PvE player and will be on a totally different server from the RP one. More likely than not, said alt will be a Lalafell Ranger. (Hush, Zarek! I can hear you laughing over there...) And Mara's not really a bad pirate. She does have a certain honor code she tries to enforce with her men. It's not like they're all, "rape and pillage, rape and pillage!" But they do like their treasure and aren't above fighting people who get in their way when they have to. I like to think of her (and her crew as a whole) being Chaotic Neutral but with leanings toward the Chaotic Good side, from time to time.

@DimmerMeerkat - I would gladly share the list with you if I could remember! lol... I played for about five months after launch and then I sort of just lost interest. The only one I really remember was a purple-haired Elyos sorcerer named Cirucci. (Yeah... I was in a pretty big Bleach phase around then, too.)

@Dogberry - First of all, I just have to say I love your handle. It makes me smile. :) Mara's actually descended from a line of pirates on her mother's side, and spent the past few years sailing out of Limsa Lominsa on her inherited ship... but now she's back in Ul'dah for a bit of family business before she'll eventually end up back in Limsa and likely out at sea for fun times once more. And she's been drinking and gambling since before she originally left Ul'dah as a teenager. So bring on the debauchery! (Man, I really need to finish this wiki page and get it posted, lol...) Also, it's totally awesome you've got a pirage - as Kyatai coined the phrase, above - too! /highfive. Great minds, indeed, my friend! :D