Looking for an RP FC and/or LS

blue244624

Hi. I've played FFXIV off and on for some time and would love to get involved in RP. I am on Cactuar (Aether) currently, which I'm guessing has little to no RP so my thoughts have been to transfer to Mateus as that seems to be a very popular RP hub these days. I've done RP in the past but not in MMORPGs, rather MUDs (they still exist). I had a blast. No graphics can match the imagery brought forth by proper RP.

I have one caveat though, which seems to be a dealbreaker in this game. I follow the rules, like really follow them (even if I disagree with them). Evidently I'm Lawful Neutral! Whenever I've looked into FCs in the past, it is all about FFLogs and parsing and that's just not my thing. I'm not "anti-parser" please don't flame me, it is just who I am, I want to play a game the way it is meant to be played and do everything the hard way. I love doing all content, easy/hard/old/new and am not a slouch. I've worked hard to be a good player. But in the end, for me FFXIV is more about immersion than numbers.

RP wise, I tend to take a back seat. I.e. I'll contribute and help design events but try not to be in the spotlight. I gravitate towards healing classes, currently playing as a dunesfolk "black mage turned white." (or thaumaturge turned conjurer if the FC is strict on FFXIV lore, I can adapt). Not very original I know; the quiet scholarly type thing.

Anyway, if there are FCs out there that fit this, I'm more than happy to move servers. If things don't work out, no problem I don't know anyone on Cactuar anyway! Another thought would be a LS, if those are around.

Edited by blue244624

Hello Blue, welcome to the website, I hope you find the FC that's right for you! Also, I think it's cool that MUDs are still up and about. ^_^ 

I have a Lalafell who also started out as a thaumaturge and switched to a conjurer, and with all of the death and destruction that's been visited upon Eorzea I think that's a pretty reasonable direction to take a character in. Such changes would probably happen a lot in the FFXIV setting especially after the recent Calamity. Add to this the connection between thaumaturgy and the much frowned upon black mage school of magic and there's even more reason for someone to want a career change. Your interpretation of this transition, along with your character's motivations and choices, will have ample room for compelling RP.