Valen Stalhart: Veteran soldier, Magitek expert, and airship pilot here to help contribute to your plots

Valen is a character I've been RPing with for almost half a decade now, and at this point most of his personal arcs have all been fulfilled. So now I'd like to offer him as a support character to assist other RPers in seeing their own plots fully realized. Need someone to ferry you from A to B with an airship? Repair some broken Magitek? An able body to help fight off some baddies? Even just someone to dump some exposition to help move your plot forward? I can be that guy, and you can rest assured it comes with the promise that there won't be any unexpected subplots getting crammed in by me. My goal is to help further your plot, and your plot alone.

Relevant subjects that Valen can help contribute with:

• Magitek: He's been working with Magitek and machina of all kinds for years. If you need something repaired, constructed, or what have you, he can do it.
  • Piloting: Valen is a more than capable airship pilot, and he can help get you wherever you need. However traversing through more treacherous regions might require some convincing.
  • Relics: Valen is one of the key operators of the Crystalline Sanctum, a reliquary filled with ancient artifacts and tomes from various eras. If your plot involves relics or any sort, then he can help.
  • The Garlean Empire: Valen has a long history with the Empire, and is always willing to help those who are threatened by them. However, due to his own personal disposition toward the people of Ilsabard, he may need convincing when it comes to engaging in direct attacks against the Empire itself. Also worth noting is that I'm willing to have Valen serve as an antagonist for any Garlean aligned plots so long as a few conditions are met (see preferences below).
  • Good causes: It may be broad and simple, but Valen at heart is surprisingly empathetic, and is almost always willing to help those truly in need. Let them be those who wish to save family or loved ones, those who seek protection, and so on and so forth. It shouldn't require much convincing to get him to help however he can in that regard.

RP Preferences:

• I'm perfectly fine with combat RP if it comes up. While I do have my preferences in combat style, ultimately I'm willing to go along with whatever combat system (or lack thereof) the host wishes to use.
  • There's no need for long term RP if you don't want that. If you just need Valen for just a few scenes or events, and then be done with him, that's perfectly fine. That said, I'm always happy to create long term connections, but I don't want for anyone to feel there is an obligation to do so if they only need to use Valen briefly.
  • Character death of Valen is a no-go for me, as I have no plans to stop RPing with him any time soon. That said, in the case of Valen serving as an antagonist for any Garlean aligned plots, I have no problem with him being defeated, or even suffering long term consequences due to his defeat, but killing him is just something that will not happen.
  • Though I'm based out of Balmung, I'm more than happy to partake in plots occurring on other servers so long as they're on the Crystal datacenter.
  • I do prefer in-game RP, but if you're wanting to RP through Discord, I can work with that.

Contact Information:

If any of this sounds interesting to you, then feel free to contact me either through this thread, PM, in game if I happen to be on, or on Discord. My username there is Valen#0485.

I do hope to hear from those of you who are interested, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask them and I'll try to answer them in as timely a manner as possible.