It’s been a while

Valan

I tried to join the RP community several years ago but I disappeared, so I think it’s a good thing write here as salutation.

As I wrote, I tried to play the RP-side of FFXIV but in the end I never had the resolve to leave the Italian community and my character. What changed now? I don’t feel attachment to that community anymore, I stopped raiding and my routine become login-roulettes/leves-logout and I think my social issues worsen.
So I want try to exit from my comfort zone and do something different, like some light RP.

I still don’t know which kind of character create and I need some technical information.

Is still Omega the European rp server? I tried the world visit a couple of times in the starting city but I never found any roleplaying.
Can I play with a character from another server via world visit or the limitations for FC, Linkshell and market are too difficult to overcome? My main is in Ragnarok and it will be nice if I can use it.

There are other question about the lore but I will ask them in the appropriate section.

I think Omega is still EU but I'm not positive. The world visit though is restricted to worlds on your server so you can go to other servers. I've noticed there aren't as many people openly rping either when I visit other worlds. You could join rp groups on here, though, and schedule meetups and the like.

Omega is still the most RP-pupolated server on Chaos, but as far as I have seen there's not much open world walk up RP happening about. It's mostly organized stuff. Speaking of which, you should join the Chaos RP Discord since most of the activity across the whole datacenter is organized and advertised there. ;)

As for the FC, linkshell, market restrictions, that's really up to you. But I've seen plenty of people from other servers (or guildless) participate in Omega based RP events so if it's just to have some RP it really shouldn't be a problem. If you find a group of people you're comfortable with, or your character really fits with their FC theme and want to join them I suppose you could always consider a server transfer down the road, but I wouldn't worry too much about it just now.

Edited by UnidessGaming
8 hours ago, UnidessGaming said:

Omega is still the most RP-pupolated server on Chaos, but as far as I have seen there's not much open world walk up RP happening about. It's mostly organized stuff. Speaking of which, you should join the Chaos RP Discord since most of the activity across the whole datacenter is organized and advertised there. ;)

As for the FC, linkshell, market restrictions, that's really up to you. But I've seen plenty of people from other servers (or guildless) participate in Omega based RP events so if it's just to have some RP it really shouldn't be a problem. If you find a group of people you're comfortable with, or your character really fits with their FC theme and want to join them I suppose you could always consider a server transfer down the road, but I wouldn't worry too much about it just now.

Thanks for the replies. I’ll try the ”discord route”