Fine/Traditional Artist, New to Digital Art - Tips Welcome!

Galeteya

Hey there!

The title pretty much spells it out. I went to Uni with Visual Art Studies/Applications being part of my BFA. My main medium has always been charcoal (loose/powder or vine) and I specialized in subjects of human figure. Funny enough, it was my WORST subject going into college so I made sure to focus on it nonstop and now it's my best and favorite! Ironic, right? Well, I decided to try my hand at digital art. It's a whole different beast and not at all what I'm used to. Thankfully, I do graphic design so the system of 'layers' and 'modes' aren't at all foreign to me. While this gives me a hand up in starting, I'm still super green and can use all the tips/tricks I can get! This is my first "finished" work (ugh, still not super happy with it, but better than nothing!). My soft Xaela Qestir boi. I'm most pleased with the hair because the first attempt looked like someone had flattened out play-doh with a lot of sand in it. Gross. After a few videos and trial-and-error, I finally just.. got it. Don't know how to explain, it just made sense suddenly.

WzEIEQH.png

Here's some of my process. (Please point out glaringly wrong errors or things I could've done better!)