Hello! New-ish to FFXIV

PaintedWolf

Hello, everyone! I picked up the game a couple of months ago, but now that I'm finished tunnel-visioning on leveling and story quests, thought it would be a good idea to go ahead and make an introduction:

MMORPG Background

I've tried a number of games over the decade that I've been into the genre, but most of my experience comes from WoW and GW2. Honorable mentions to Runescape, SWTOR, Aion, and ESO. 

RP Experience

Oh boy, I've been around the block with RP most of the time I've been playing MMOs. I transitioned from writing short stories for myself quite some time ago to genuine roleplaying and most of my experience is with in-game RP, though more recently I've gotten into forum/discord-based RP. I've been in RP groups big and small across various games, and have been a part of officer staffs for some of them.  Recently made the step to honing my skills as a text-based DM within the past year, which is both awesome and terrifying.

Character Ideas/Info

While I'm still working on figuring out what periphery material to create for her in terms of character profiles, I have a pretty solid concept for my main! Painted Wolf is a Roegadyn mercenary who's had a bit of a rough time but still maintains her heart of gold. She tends to wander around Eorzea in search of work, but she's also entirely willing to help out free-of-charge if it looks like someone truly needs it.

https://paintedwolf-ffxiv.carrd.co/

How did you learn about the coalition?

Google has yet to fail me.

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? (e.g. Light, medium, or heavy)

I'm most interested in story-driven RP, both on a small and large scale; to that effect, medium is probably the best indicator. As I am also working towards some casual endgame goals, I'm not usually in-character running around the world, but I also have no issue hopping IC on request or if I come across something interesting. As for what I'm personally looking for in terms of connections, I love to do long-term stuff. I'll do social, slice-of-life stuff on the side as time and opportunities present themselves. I'm based on Goblin but I have no problem with visiting other worlds for RP!

Feel free to say hello if you catch me out and about!

Edited by PaintedWolf
added link to carrd