Hello there, New to the game

Ashtonq

Hello there, Ashton, and an experienced rper- if you can call me that since the only game I really rped in was ESO for at least 2-3 years [still at it too]. Picked up FF14 very recently and still a fetus when it comes to the lore of FF14, but all I know is that there's a samurai class, and my inner chad-weeb-urge as well as hearing a bunch about the rp community made me want to come check it out.

As briefly mentioned, I get semi-chubbed whenever Asian-like culture is represented, and am pretty curious about the lore behind this one. Other than that I have not chosen a server, leaning towards Maetus since I heard that and that one server that starts with a 'B' are RP active af.

Greetings and welcome to FFXIV! \o/ 

Balmung and Maetus are very god choices for RP servers and you'll be able to visit other servers in case there are RP events you wish to attend or friends you'd like to hangout with. :)

Oh man, if Samurai are your jam and Ninjas make you happy FFXIV: Stormblood will take care of you! ^__^ 

You may have heard this already but getting through A Realm Reborn can be a little rough due to how much of the old game's DNA is left over in it (FFXIV 1.0 didn't go so well ^ ^ ) but things will pick up dramatically once you get past that part.

Similarly some classes start off slow so you can get a feel for things but by the time you reach the higher levels they're a joy to control. FFXIV doesn't suffer from having 'dead' classes or classes that feel irredeemably lame. And the Samurai class in particular was designed by Square Enix to make you feel as cool as possible! 😎

Edited by Moon Type