Eorzean Singles Agency

Hello reader!

So I had an amusing idea for this time of year.  We all remember the old singles agencies, where a person would go in and make a recording about themselves.  Then others would come in, browse through the recordings, and send along a message to the people they liked.

Well.  Why not have one for Final Fantasy?  

You can make one as good or as bad (think SNL Lowered Expectations) as you would like!  It just has to fit within the theme of going in to record an advert about your character.

Then, as you read through the thread here, feel free to message and seek out the people who post!  

And just so nobody is feeling embarrassed about going first, I present Fyrrhot!

There is a small crackle of energy before the recording crystal flickers on.  Displaying an ebony skinned roegadyn lady in the process of sitting down, her arm is extended towards the crystal.  Obviously having just turned it on, she then settles down in the seat across from the device.

“So, ya sayin I jus talk inta this thing?”  The woman speaks with a slight hesitation to her voice, as she is clearly unsure about the device.  But after a moment, she relaxes.  Her face is not unattractive, with a smaller than average nose for a roegadyn.  Black hair with red highlights frames one side of her face, with the rest of it pulled back into a simple braid.  Dark ink stains her cheeks and bridge of her nose, in a traditional manner.

“Well, heh.  So I ‘ad a chance ta talk with this gal…an she was talkin ‘bout this time of year an what not.  Tha whole, paramours an lovers, an all that sort of shit.  An well, got me thinkin.  Maybe, maybe I should try’n find someone?  An not like I ‘ad luck with tha normal means.  So, came ta ya agency here.  An that’s how I speakin inta a crystal, tellin folks what I am looking for.”  Her hand reaches up then, revealing that she is not adverse to manual labor from the callouses upon her skin.  Brushing her hair back for a moment, her crimson eyes are highlighted for just a passing second.

“I like tha ladies, that’s for start.  Ain picky ‘bout what race either.  Though I mean, some might be a little odd?  Not sure how someone my size would be getting ‘long with a lala.  Though, I’d try?  All depends on ‘ow we got along, ya know?”  Shrugging her shoulders, the recording shows that the roegadyn is fairly well built and defined, though that is common for one of her race.  “I guess, jus lookin for chemistry?  See how things go?  Ain really even expectin much from this.”

There is a pause as the woman turns her head to seeming listen to something out of recording distance.  “Talk bout myself, eh?  Crap, ain ever been good at that.  But ‘ere goes.  I do a bit of adventuring work, more mercenary I guess?  Caravan work, done some huntin, some courier work, things like that.  I’ve fought in tha Arena a few times too.  Ain ever a contender or anything, mind ya.  Openin acts, which I am fine with.  Not much for heavy drinkin, an heavy smokin always bothered my nose.  I like findin new places, an seein the world when I can.  Can’t cook well, so anyone that can?  Ya got my respect!  But.  Guess that’s good for now, eh?” 

With that said, she is reaching up towards the crystal once again.  There is a little flicker of energy, before it all goes dark.

((Ohhhhh this is a really cute idea!!!!!))

"-ow amazing! I've never seen any magic like this." The video began in pitch darkness, an overly enthusiastic voice resonating as the only sign that it was working correctly. "Huh? Oh, of course!" Light flooded into the screen as a miqo'te backed up, slowly being brought into focus right about when she sat down. Her hair was light green, with twin drills framing her neck, and a braid behind her that was only due to her swaying from side to side. Her eyes were a dark purple, with sharp pale markings along her cheeks just below them.

She certainly seemed one for showy fashion choices, as her dress was a bright, reflective silver. She looked nervous for a moment before taking a deep breath and looking at the camera, a cheerful smile on her face. "Hello, my name is I'delia Tohka!" She stood, barely staying in frame, as she made a dramatic pose and pointed at herself with her thumb. "I'delia Tohka, bard extraordinaire!" 

She sat back down with a small laugh, as she pulled out her harp. "I like to play music, though it's a little hard for me to play in front of people...I'm also a pretty strong archer, and I enjoy adventuring." Tapping her chin, she took a moment to think. "I guess I don't have many accomplishments under my belt yet, but I'm working toward it. For now, I just like strolling through the Shroud and taking bounties when I can. I've been told that I'm a very nice person, which certainly makes me happy to hear! I try to be as cheerful as I can be every moment I've got!" 

I'delia's tail began swaying behind her as she spoke. It seemed she was getting more comfortable with the situation. Still, she had a mild blush on her face as she continued her video. "I have a big weakness for women taller than me...and strong. Either their personality, or just being physically strong is nice. But in the end, I don't have a preference for my partner, aside from the fact that I'm only attracted to women." She hummed to herself for a moment, thinking. "If you do decide to contact me, I would love to go to the ocean. But really the idea of any kind of date is very sweet to me! I look forward to hearing from you." She smiled, waving to the camera for a moment. 

After a bit, she turned her head to the left. "How do I turn this off?" Another figure quickly moved into the room, reaching for the crystal and ending the video.