Sort of new player on the search

Hello! I've been playing FFXIV for almost a year now, so mostly a new player and I'm still 'unlocking' things and abilities, and after finishing the MSQ I'm looking to meet people - mostly because whenever I'm on I feel like server is empty. I know Famfrit isn't considered the best of servers for RP, which I learned too late, but the people who dragged me into this game are there so... it is what it is.

MMORPG background: SW: the Old Republic and Guild Wars 2 (which I still enjoy to some degree)

RP experience: Vampire the Masquerade and some D&D on and off for a number of years. Mostly off as of late. 

Character ideas/info: Kebhut Coburn, Raen Au Ra - the frumpiest of frumps, truth hurts, cruel to be kind, will not spare your feelings but will take a bullet for anyone she considers dear to her. My main for everything - while I do use her as WoL for my fics and other personal stuff, for RP purposes needs not and will not be that. 

How did you learn about the coalition?: Web searches. Lots of web searching. This place was well hidden. Or maybe I didn't look at the right place.

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? (e.g. Light, medium, or heavy): I suppose it depends on how the story is progressing. I do like heavily involved stories (I blame VtM campaigns for that).

Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc.): I work so my schedule is a bit limited, but if I can't get around to RP in game I'm not opposed to doing it through other means. Also I draw. I love doing character art in traditional medium, so it's nothing fancy like what some digital artists can do. Some stuff can be seen here.

A question, for old RPers here about emotes - how used are they? Because aside from finding one quickly enough to respond (even on hotbar), female AuRa emotes are... not how I would see my character act. Ever.

Edited by Jammed

Hello there, welcome! :D As far as emotes in RP,  you'll probably learn some of them to know off hand eventually, but most people use them very sparingly in RP. You could never use a single one and nobody would care!

Thank you and that's good to know. I often end up reacting too slow when other players in dungeons emote a 'greeting' or a 'goodbye' or even a 'thank you'.

I am looking forward to meeting other people now that I have some knowledge of how the game works 😀