Obsession or Passion?

MMORPG background

I have played many MMOs in general, over the course of ten+ years. To list a few, Everquest, Phantasy Star, FFXI (When it was in it's prime in the early 2000's). There's probably a bunch I can't think of at the moment. Many of which I had spent hundreds of hours playing and some only a few. 

RP experience

My role play experience started when I was seven or eight, like many of us I had role played, in a sense, with toys, legos and whatever else I could find. As a kid, I think it's safe to say that many of us role played in a sort, making characters and stories for said characters. Anyroad, as I got older, I had found myself amongst the yahoo chat rooms that were starting to gain popularity and thus I was introduced to a type of text based role play. I enjoyed it, very much so, but it never really took off for me at that point. Shortly after I started getting into online gaming, Diablo II, City of Heroes, Runescape, were a few games back then that really drew me in and within them, I had found more profound text based RP. Thus, my love for RP really started to grow. I was obsessed to say the least. Again, I was also young. As I got older, I had started to grow a personal standard for what I wanted and expected from RP. I had found small groups of people within many different games who I enjoyed lengthy bouts of RP with. It was then that I really started to enjoy more in-depth role play. What I mean by this is the progression of a good story, whether it be through casual interactions and relationships or a more serious story driven plot. I started to really look forward to what would come next. I understood that I could write a short story, but it never was as enjoyable as writing a plot and seeing it change, evolve, and grow through the interactions of characters and the choices everyone involved would make. I enjoyed the time I would plan a story or a little plot, research whatever was needed to flesh it out, then see everything I had thought would happen get crushed, only to be replaced with something I had not predicted. I fell in love with the improv of Role play, the constant guess and anticipation of what would come next. Call me crazy, but now, as I sit twenty plus years later, I have not just a love, nor an obsession for role playing, but both, it has become a passion of mine. With that said, you might ask why I am here, new to yet another game and looking to start totally new relationships within RP and the game. Well, to tell you the truth, I had spent five years or so in Champions online, dedicated to the Role play there, and it has become time for a new outlet. I had found many incredible moments, stories, interactions there, like many of the other places I had role played, but I feel as if it is time for me to move on and open new doors. 

Character ideas/info

I started FFXIV two weeks ago, and I have but a single character at the moment, whom I am leveling in the game. I want to understand as much lore as I can before I really flesh out a character or my own story for them. That doesn't go without saying that I have so many ideas floating around in my head already. As I write this, I am still on the fence about really getting into Role Playing at the moment, that doesn't mean I don't want too. I just feel it is best I play as much of the game as I can, to get a good understanding of what I am working with, as far as writing ideas goes. I'm sure I am putting way too much into it, like I always do. Thus is why I am here and that leads into the next template prompt....

How did you learn about the coalition?

I found the coalition via a google search. I wanted to look into how prominent Role Playing was in FFXIV. Of course, soon as I noticed some I started noticing it everywhere and it made me extremely excited to get involved. I have yet to do any myself, however, I am both excited and a bit terrified of getting started. I say terrified, but it's more the fact that it seems so overwhelming, a feeling I have not overcome with every new endeavour into role playing. You think i would be used to it, however, my passion is so strong that it leaves me thinking that I am not cut out or good enough to join. 

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? (e.g. Light, medium, or heavy)

I had probably rambled on enough in the prompt above and thus I'll leave it at that. Congrats if you made it this far. 

Hello and thank you! It's been a few days since I posted this and I've done a little bit of Rp with a friend of mine, who is completely new to Role Playing. We are looking for anyone who might be interested in starting with some casual interactions and building from there. Both new and experienced Role Players are welcome. I look forward to meeting new players and characters alike. Thank you!