Letters to a Sister 2

Sosuh,

Guess what? No really, you must guess before you read any further.

You better have guessed.

You are now writing to an official member of the Eorzea Pugilists' Guild! Your little sister is on her way to becoming the best fighter around! Tell Duhsa, because the next time she calls me "the runt sister", I just may show her the Bootshine technique I learned! That's right, they're already teaching me techniques! (In case you're asking, no it doesn't have anything to do with literally shining boots. I didn't name it.)

The Guildmaster is a strange old man, though. Hamon, they call him. They say his skill is legendary, but I don't know. Mostly he acts like a fool and a skirt chaser. Can you believe he actually mistook me for one of those lewd dancers when we first met? Me? I just about knocked him out then and there.

I must admit though, for all of his buffoonery and unorthodox mannerisms (to put it mildly), the Guildmaster does at least seem to know what he's doing. There are plenty of other students at the guild and already I feel like I'm improving somewhat from where I was only a few bells ago.

Just yesterday, he had me go out to Central Thanalan and instructed me to pluck ribbons off of hornets, which someone had already tied to their stingers. Twelve know how the hells they managed that. Perhaps that was someone else's training? I may have been stung more times than I care to count, but I do feel much faster now. I'm lighter on my feet than I was before, so perhaps there is wisdom to the old coot's training.

Or, at least some wisdom. When I returned with the ribbons, Master Hamon then had me dilver them to different women around Ul'dah. He said it was to see just how effective the exercise had been at making me faster, but to be frank, I think he just wanted a date.

On that note, I think I need a strong drink to help nurse these hornet stings. Unfortunately, I'll be drinking it on my feet. Some of those hornet stings won't allow for much sitting right now.

- Talha (Future Best Fighter EVER)