Sylvara Starstalker

Sylvara

I. Basic Info

Characters: Sylvara Starstalker (Keeper), Misaki Nakamura (Raen)

Primary character: Sylvara

Linkshells: Eorzea Security (FC Crossword Linkshell)

II. RP Style

Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy): Heavy RPer - I spend a great deal of time and energy on my characters and the people I RP with.

Views on RP combat and injuries: These things are a part of life, though not a very big part in a world with healing magic and potions.

Views on IC romance: I very much enjoy romantic relationships IC! How they work varies very much on the character.

Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc): I play this game for RP. This is the standard I look for. Sylvara has a sisters that's presumed dead but never recovered, and Misaki's family is vague and undefined. So I'd be open to really any sort of RP as long as it was fun, engaging, and respected my characters.

Views on lore: Oh you don't like the lore? You want to build an IBM PC in Eorzea? Great, have you heard of this game called Second Life? It's more your speed. I play FFXIV for the world and lore, if you don't our styles are already incompatible. That being said, I don't tell people they can't make a Black Mage or White Mage just because it doesn't usually happen; I stick to the lore, but I'm also open to interpretations or storylines that challenge it if done well.

Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc): I mean, that's uhh.. that's how you talk in game yea.. Was there a specific view I should have on that? This confuses me.

III. Other Info

Timezone: Mountain

Contact info: Find me on Balmung in game, or bug me on Discord (PM for that info)

Edited by Sylvara
  • 6 months later...
On 12/7/2020 at 3:34 PM, Sylvara said:

I. Basic Info

Characters: Sylvara Starstalker (Keeper), Misaki Nakamura (Raen)

Primary character: Sylvara

Linkshells: Eorzea Security (FC Crossword Linkshell)

II. RP Style

Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy): Heavy RPer - I spend a great deal of time and energy on my characters and the people I RP with.

Views on RP combat and injuries: These things are a part of life, though not a very big part in a world with healing magic and potions.

Views on IC romance: I very much enjoy romantic relationships IC! How they work varies very much on the character.

Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc): I play this game for RP. This is the standard I look for. Sylvara has a sisters that's presumed dead but never recovered, and Misaki's family is vague and undefined. So I'd be open to really any sort of RP as long as it was fun, engaging, and respected my characters.

Views on lore: Oh you don't like the lore? You want to build an IBM PC in Eorzea? Great, have you heard of this game called Second Life? It's more your speed. I play FFXIV for the world and lore, if you don't our styles are already incompatible. That being said, I don't tell people they can't make a Black Mage or White Mage just because it doesn't usually happen; I stick to the lore, but I'm also open to interpretations or storylines that challenge it if done well.

Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc): I mean, that's uhh.. that's how you talk in game yea.. Was there a specific view I should have on that? This confuses me.

III. Other Info

Timezone: Mountain

Contact info: Find me on Balmung in game, or bug me on Discord (PM for that info)

Second Life... shots fired.

To be fair, Second Life used to have a pretty amazing RP community, though its been dead for many many years now. Ran a Game of Thrones Sim there for years - some of my greatest RP experiences were there - despite the reputation it had, lots of rare gems in the rough there.

I'll keep an eye out! I play Mateus primarily, but bounce around to Balmung pretty often.