Hello Eorzea!

Sol Kottan

Hey everyone! I typically go by Sol Kottan, but do feel free to just call me Sol! I'm absolutely new not only to FF14, but FF in general. (With the exception of FF13, but we don't talk about that.)

My main choice of roleplay has been Guild Wars 2 for many years now, and if any of you have been on it, you may have at least seen me around the Coin or even the Whisper. I think I often used Mineralogist Yiabi and Alchemist Ide. Feel free to say hi if you do! Maybe we can catch up!

Unfortunately, it seems like that scene has rather died off now, so I've come snooping around, and found that this game is alive and well with roleplay! While I know squat about the lore and the story, I hope I can certainly learn it with you all.

I like to consider myself an avid roleplayer that improves each time that I do it, be it on forums, Discord, and in game. I've done it all, from super light one shots to long term year long adventures, so I'd like to say I have experience to work with, although none in this game. I'm certainly a hands-on learner, and prefer to learn about the story as I go along, at least to start with. Ultimately, I prefer heavier roleplay, so if you got a story you're brewing, I'd love to see it!

As for my first initial character idea, I figured I'd do something easy to start working with the world and understanding the basics, such as the histories of cities and the world itself. As I've learned, making a character is a bit like making wine; you can uncork it early to get grape juice, sure, but if you want an amazing product, you got to let it mull over and become pristine.

So, you'll be, hopefully anyways, seeing Koromi Torioi around quite a bit, especially when I finalize her personality, and a solid backstory to work with. I'm happy to take any advice and/or story lessons from anyone!

I'm also doing okay at being a tank. This is certainly a much different playstyle than I am used to in other MMOs. Gunbreaker is neat, though I feel most comfortable on Warrior at the moment.

ffxiv_12312020_041605_293.png