Done Goofed

"Players who own FFXIV version 1.0 will not need to purchase the PC version of FFXIV: ARR and will be able to download the FFXIV: ARR software for free.

* Details on downloading the FFXIV: ARR software will be provided at a later date."

;_; So wait. I preordered FFXIV:ARR for the PC... for no reason? :x I bought the Collector's one again so I could play early... ;; I'm not sure... what to do here. e_e

I mean I'd rather have a physical copy than a digital download... unless by having the original game I can download at any point (ex. if I switch computers or something gets wiped, etc. I lost Aion for those reasons, though I'm sure if I pursued it I could download it again.)

I didn't get the invitation for the beta testing either because my 1.0 account was linked to an old email that apparently doesn't exist anymore and can't be accessed... xD;

ANYWAYS, did I spend $80 for no darn good reason? TT.TT *Requires reassurance*

Because of all the cool stuff you get for the collectors edition, I don't think you "done goofed". I'd have done the same thing, to be honest. And with Early Access... I'm on my ps3, kay? Do I get early access as well? I bought the collectors edition.

"Players who own FFXIV version 1.0 will not need to purchase the PC version of FFXIV: ARR and will be able to download the FFXIV: ARR software for free.

* Details on downloading the FFXIV: ARR software will be provided at a later date."

;_; So wait. I preordered FFXIV:ARR for the PC... for no reason? :x I bought the Collector's one again so I could play early... ;; I'm not sure... what to do here. e_e

I mean I'd rather have a physical copy than a digital download... unless by having the original game I can download at any point (ex. if I switch computers or something gets wiped, etc. I lost Aion for those reasons, though I'm sure if I pursued it I could download it again.)

I didn't get the invitation for the beta testing either because my 1.0 account was linked to an old email that apparently doesn't exist anymore and can't be accessed... xD;

ANYWAYS, did I spend $80 for no darn good reason? TT.TT *Requires reassurance*

Well, it sounds a lot like you've lost access to your Square-Enix account. Unfortunately if you no longer have access to the email, you might run into some trouble getting it back. I'd try contacting the SE Accounts customer service just in case there's something they can do for you.

On the bright side, your $80 might not have been wasted. If you can't recover your SE account, you'll need another copy of the game anyway.

If I read it correctly, if you wanted to play ARR and receive the collectors edition stuff, you had to buy the collectors edition. The regular version is a free "swap" if you will from the 1.0 version to the ARR version. I was reading that it was a coding issue between the "regular" and the "collectors edition". 

As for the email thing, I would do what Ellie said and contact SE account services.

My understanding is that the PS3 and PC versions are separate. If you have the PC version, to get the PS3 one, you have to buy it separately.

The rest of the PC preorder stuff is pretty complicated depending on what you're trying to do (get early access, get in-game CE items, get RL CE items, etc.). There's a big reference thread on the beta general forum about it.

Okay so wait, if you have the game for pc already, you don't HAVE to buy the PC version of ARR BUT what about if you wanna get it on PS3? Do you still have to pre-order the game?

Unfortunately, if you wish to play it on the PS3 you must have a physical copy of the game disc. You can, however, play on the same account that you made with your PC, which means you don't necessarily need the serial number, you just need the disc. Meaning you can likely buy a used copy for very cheap on Amazon or ebay and play the game on the PS3 that way.

Will probably end up keeping the physical copy just to has, but...

Even though my old email messed up my chance in beta, I still remember my account name and such for logging into the Square Enix thingie. I updated my email so further announcements should be sent to my current information... I believe. I'm just wondering then - if I have my 1.0 account and it gets upgraded to ARR automatically... and I preordered an additional copy... Is there a way to link the two? Or will my 1.0 account + the upgrade and new ARR copy be seperate? x_x

Thanks guys for the help though guys! Darn my impulsiveness and not reading the fine print. D; I'll probably end up calling anywho... even though anonymous voices are scary and it's the weekend so... patience. ._. *Fidgets*

Okay so wait, if you have the game for pc already, you don't HAVE to buy the PC version of ARR BUT what about if you wanna get it on PS3? Do you still have to pre-order the game?

Unfortunately, if you wish to play it on the PS3 you must have a physical copy of the game disc. You can, however, play on the same account that you made with your PC, which means you don't necessarily need the serial number, you just need the disc. Meaning you can likely buy a used copy for very cheap on Amazon or ebay and play the game on the PS3 that way.

Wait, you can play the pc copy on the ps3?

Wait, you can play the pc copy on the ps3?

Noooooooo. You'd have to buy the ps3 version.

Will probably end up keeping the physical copy just to has, but...

Even though my old email messed up my chance in beta, I still remember my account name and such for logging into the Square Enix thingie. I updated my email so further announcements should be sent to my current information... I believe. I'm just wondering then - if I have my 1.0 account and it gets upgraded to ARR automatically... and I preordered an additional copy... Is there a way to link the two? Or will my 1.0 account + the upgrade and new ARR copy be seperate? x_x

Thanks guys for the help though guys! Darn my impulsiveness and not reading the fine print. D; I'll probably end up calling anywho... even though anonymous voices are scary and it's the weekend so... patience. ._. *Fidgets*

I believe you'll simply end up with two collector's copies of the game! o_O

Better contact Squeenix, preferably on phone if you don't want to exchange emails for days. They'll be able to answer your questions better than any of us AND might be able to help you fix whatever might need fixing.

This is what I did. I already have the PC version of 1.0. I like physical disks, so I'll end up getting that when it is released, however, I cannot get the PC collector's edition...It seems I have to go through the Square-Soft site if I want it.

So I just grabbed the collector's edition PS3 version of FF XIV ARR 2.0.

Now, I have a PS3 and while I do plan on playing mostly on the PC, I sorta like the option of also playing the same account on my PS3. Plus, I get all the physical goods (and don't have to order on the S-E site if I don't wanna).