Hey! Interested in Trying Out RP

tennet

Hello! I'm not entirely new to FFXIV, but I am new to roleplaying in general. I've never really done it and I figured I might give it a shot and see how it plays out. If it's not for me, then so be it, and I hope that's alright!

MMORPG background/RP Experience

I'm relatively new to MMORPGs (FFXIV is my first) and so I haven't really experienced any RP. I recently read up on some basic generally-accepted RPing practices, and have already created a lore-friendly character, and a rough/general backstory.

How did you learn about the coalition?

I learned about the coalition through this reddit guide: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/l07kdm/roleplay_in_final_fantasy_xiv_a_starting_guide_to/

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? (e.g. Light, medium, or heavy)

Since I'm new to RP, I figure I should start light/medium RP for now, and see how things play out from there.

I currently have two characters. One is on primal, which I've been playing as for the majority of my time for main PvE content. The other I made solely for the purpose of RP (which is the character I've listed in my profile). My RP character looks identical to my main character, except my RP character has to do the entirety of MSQ all over again lol.

If there's any advice you guys might have for new RPers, feel free to share!

And that's basically it. I hope to test the waters a bit and give RP a fair shot. Thanks for reading!

Edited by tennet
Opening for advice
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Tennet, it's nice to see I'm not the only person on Primal that's looking around and shrugging.
I'm trying to get started in FF14 RP as well, and I have no clue what the scene is like.
Either way, there's another new RPer here named Swixay: https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/profile/16439-swixaykemono/
They're also trying to get into RP like the both of us.
We should coordinate and see if we can't figure some things out, maybe look for other Primal RPers, veteran or newbie?