Land Claiming.

Hoo boy. I understand the logic behind it, but past experiences have me shaking my head at the idea. I have seen some nasty situations come out of land claiming in MMOs.

Having a public place where groups often meet that they don't necessarily own would be safer. Saying "this is mine" without really having any claim to it can cause some major butthurt and can start some really immature fights. I remember a certain argument between rp guilds over a back room in a castle. Dear God. That was ugly.

Sticking to housing is just more fair to other players. When you get two groups wanting the same spot, it can get real dumb, real fast.

Working in established taverns and whatnot though, I wouldn't see a problem with.

Ultimately it's up to everyone to decide what they want to do, just figured I'd slap up a warning sticker here. If everyone is mature and fair about it, of course it wouldn't be an issue! Just... not everyone is capable of behaving like adults.

I personally see the idea of claiming territory as a very bad idea. As mentioned before, there's no method to enforce ownership, if your group claims they own some random tavern in Ul'dah for example, nothing stops my group from coming in when no one is around and just setting up shop, or even just totally ignoring your existence and claiming it anyways. You also have the issue of larger guilds trying to coerce smaller ones, and later on down the road new rp groups will feel discouraged from trying to join the community because everything is already taken.

From where I stand there are only cons, no pros, to this method because it will only lead to drama at some point down the road. Nothing stops a person from holding events in a particular establishment or what have you, but I say leave the land claiming to your plot where you plan to build a house.

I'll have to go with it could be bad, or it could be great group. Lets say you're in a area and some people are already RPing there...I know in GW2 if people weren't supposed to be in the RP, I'd just kind of...RP around them? Unless having them get involved became a fun thing. If everyone in the community or at least a majority of people agreed that a certain spot is claimed by so and so, I think it's weird to just "declare" it claimed. Should be a voting poll haha.

So yeah depending on how the RPers in the area feel it could be a awesome thing, or just down right annoying.