New to game, looking for for advice getting into RP

Hello!

I'm new to the game but not new to RP. I've been RPing for over 10 years now. I love seeing all of the world RP and random walk-up RP as I adventure through the game. For my first character I decided to make a lalafell character simply because I enjoy the race. I'm concerned trying to get into RP playing this race though because I've never seen another lalafell RPer and have read in some other posts that it can be difficult to find RP as this race.

Should I make another character for RP or are there groups out there that are fine with serious lalafell characters? Other than that minor issue I love the community in this game. It is by far the most positive gaming community I've ever seen and I love it. I can't wait to see more of it!!

Make a character you will enjoy.  The stigma from lalafell comes in when others start truing to push stuff into romance territory.  The simple fact is lalafell look like children so anything beyond sfw tends to squick people out.

I totally get that. Another big reason I chose this race was due to absolutely no desire for romance RP. I came from a game where I got WAY too many "creepy" whispers from people who liked the look of my character.

Hello there, Bex, welcome! :D I think you should play whatever you find most appealing for RP! There are some Lalafell RPers out there and having more is always great! As you've read, you may run into some difficulty with players who do not take Lalafell characters seriously, or are primarily looking for romance RP/ERP and don't consider Lalafell for that, but they are the minority and are probably people you may want to avoid, anyhow. A lot of people take Lalafell as serious RP characters and even RP them themselves.