New to FF14

Joenn

Hello there! My name is Joenn, and I'm an officer in a World of Warcraft RP guild called The Ashen Vale. I'm still new to FF14 (level 52 white mage), but I'd like to get to know the RP community here, since a handful of us are getting into the game now.

• MMORPG background: I've been playing WoW for a year and a half now and FF14 for about one year, on and off.
  • RP experience: Most of my RP experience comes from D&D, which I've been playing since high school. RP is the primary reason I play MMOs. I was made an RP officer of my guild about a year ago.
  • Character ideas/info: My FF14 character is an elezen white mage from Gridania; nothing special.
  • How did you learn about the coalition? I did a quick Google search for FF14 RP, and this forum was the first result.
  • What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? (e.g. Light, medium, or heavy): I tend toward heavy RP; keeping a consistent continuity for my characters, with the opportunity for growth and change over time.
  • Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc.): I'm nonbinary. The guild I represent is LGBTQ+ friendly.

I'd like to get to know the RP community of FF14. Are there prominent guilds I should know about? Important events to attend? Good locations for walk-up RP? I'm on Crystal Zalera, and a couple guildmates are on Crystal Mateus.

Edited by Joenn

Hello there, Joenn, welcome! :D You can find most RP events listed on the calendar here or on the Balmung RP calendar! Pearl Lane on Balmung is one of the more prevalent walk-up RP hotspots, but you can sometimes find walk-ups in any of the major cities on Balmung and maybe Mateus!

^RP on mateus can happen just about anywhere.  I dropped in character running fates last night, healing people, and made a few contacts out of it.  It's all what you're willing to put into it and stepping a little outside of your comfort zone to meet new people!