New Player Working on Backstory for Character, Need Guidance.

Hello everyone! 

I hope you're all doing well on this Friday afternoon. I'm a new player here and I'm making my way through the MSQ at the level 45 mark in ARR. The story is starting to take off, like a plane that has been doing a slow taxi down the runway right before it takes to the sky. 

Anyroad, as I'm delving deeper into the lore I'm looking to begin to build out my girl's background to help flesh her out. Who she is, where she was born, where she grew up, what kind of life she lead, ect. My problem is that I know exactly nothing about the world outside of what the MSQ has told me. I'm looking for resources to help flesh out all the possibilities and to better help fill me in to the world, it's cultures, and more specifically, what is lore-compliant for a background. 

For context, I'm playing a Highlander Monk at the moment. So any reading about that specifically would be most appreciated. 

Thank you, 

Selah

My go to for lore online would be Mirke Menagerie. I went and grabbed some of the relevant pages for you. All of the text is taken from either in-game or the Encyclopedias. Advanced warning, there are likely to be some spoilers in amongst all of this, so be aware of this as you look.

History and Culture of Ala Mhigo - People of Ala Mhigo - Common Misconceptions about Ala Mhigo - Rhalgr, The Destroyer, Patron Deity of Ala Mhigo(And some Monk Lore) - Highlanders

This tumblr has a lot of wonderful resources for every aspect of the game, so don't be afraid of exploring as and when you want to.

Hope this is helpful to you ^^

20 minutes ago, Morgana Browne said:

My go to for lore online would be Mirke Menagerie. I went and grabbed some of the relevant pages for you. All of the text is taken from either in-game or the Encyclopedias. Advanced warning, there are likely to be some spoilers in amongst all of this, so be aware of this as you look.

History and Culture of Ala Mhigo - People of Ala Mhigo - Common Misconceptions about Ala Mhigo - Rhalgr, The Destroyer, Patron Deity of Ala Mhigo(And some Monk Lore) - Highlanders

This tumblr has a lot of wonderful resources for every aspect of the game, so don't be afraid of exploring as and when you want to.

Hope this is helpful to you ^^

This is fantastic, thank you!