new rper (wow ref. ) need advice on RP chats please!

I am hoping someone can help me.  I am torn between playing final fantasy, or staying on WOW.  One big issue I am having is the chats.  RPing on wow, and leading a guild I was very busy and would juggle numerous conversation in whispers (tells )   I would be RPing with one person, recruiting for my guild in another, answering questions for a new player in another, planning out an RP event in another, and maybe talking to a friend OOC in another all at the same time.  

Wow had a life saving add on called WIM (wow instant messenger) that would take each tell and make it into a pop up independent instant messenger window which allowed me to very easily carry on many conversations  and not require me to scroll up through countless walls of texts trying to find the convo again if I had AFKed, less chance I'd send the wrong message to the wrong person,  and just kept all my private messages extremely neat and organized, it would also keep logs for easy access and reference, and was just all around a really great tool for people that juggle tons of messages during their play time. 

I know mods and such are against TOS , but final fantasy has allot of in game things such as the customizable UI

Does final fantasy offer anything to help keep your private message organized in their own little windows, or just any options to help keep them organized?  Just having the chat box, and one tab for tells seems like it would get rather confusing and very busy and cluttered and hard to manage.  I haven't found anything in the settings so any advice would be a HUGE help!!! Thank you!

So it doesn't have anything like WIM however what I normally do is have a chat dedicated to tells, a chat dedicated to Link shells/FC chat and a third for local area. I tend to keep a general tab with everything. I also separate the chat boxes sometimes. usually my Tells are a separate box on the other side of the screen. Honestly I come from RPing in WOW as well and I thought that the cat was a bit off putting but tbh once you like sort out the filtering, color the chat types what you want and set up separate boxes and have them kinda where and how you like them I find it fairly tolerable to use. granted I do want a WIM type of thing but I doubt the devs will be adding anything like that unfortunately. if you have any other questions related to like WOW vs FFxiv stuff let me know as I made the jump without any help and I'd rather people don't have to do the same cause I know the changes can be quite large and overwhelming ^_^

FFXIV does not have anything like that, unless it may be part of a third party plug-in (which, again, against ToS, so use at your own risk). I know the quicklauncher has some chat utilities, but I'm not sure if anything like that is included. In FFXIV, you can create multiple chat tabs and filter what goes into them as well as pop them out into multiple windows, change the chat log colors, and assign special symbols to people on your friends list to help their messages stand out in the chat box. Most people have a separate tab dedicated to just /tells. Running a busy FC myself, I haven't really had any issues juggling multiple conversations in /tells, especially as most people tend to take more involved and important conversations to Discord anyway.

7 hours ago, Faye said:

FFXIV does not have anything like that, unless it may be part of a third party plug-in (which, again, against ToS, so use at your own risk). I know the quicklauncher has some chat utilities, but I'm not sure if anything like that is included. In FFXIV, you can create multiple chat tabs and filter what goes into them as well as pop them out into multiple windows, change the chat log colors, and assign special symbols to people on your friends list to help their messages stand out in the chat box. Most people have a separate tab dedicated to just /tells. Running a busy FC myself, I haven't really had any issues juggling multiple conversations in /tells, especially as most people tend to take more involved and important conversations to Discord anyway.

Thank you for the info, but stupid question again since i am new. Where to get this quick launcher and all the chat info you said where would i find how to do that. I thought you were only allowed 4 tabs (i am still on a trial so maybe thats all i get) 

1 hour ago, Ember_Shade said:

Thank you for the info, but stupid question again since i am new. Where to get this quick launcher and all the chat info you said where would i find how to do that. I thought you were only allowed 4 tabs (i am still on a trial so maybe thats all i get) 

No problem! There are four chat tabs; you can rename and filter them as you see fit. You can also adjust the size or drag them out into separate windows if you want to be able to see more text on your screen. If you click the little gear symbol beneath your chatbox, it opens the chat settings and you can adjust each chat log there. When you open your friends list, you can right click on anyone's name and select "Assign Friend Group" if you want to assign a symbol to someone to help them stand out in your chat log.

As for the quick launcher, it's a third party program, so I don't think I can link it here. Just google it and it should come up immediately.