Dargonz

So, I've been kind of getting Uther's story and personality straight in preparation for phase 4 and launch. I have a ton of information on dragoons, Ishgard, and the significant events that led up to the Seventh Umbral Era. I know all about the governmental structures of the three playable city-states and whatnot. 

Somehow, though, I missed a HUGE piece of dragoon lore. Besides the fact that Ishgard is in a holy war with them, I have no information on dragons.

Can anyone enlighten me or at least point me in the right direction?

I know that wyverns are like smaller dragons that are used as bombardment forces in battle against Ishgard. I also know that Nidhogg is a big, scary motherfucker. That's pretty much all I've got for details.

Being a pretty big follower of anything pertaining to Ishgard lore (which indirectly ties to Eva's backstory by way of her father), I can say there's really not a whole lot of specific information out there. You might go to Youtube and search for "FFXIV dragoon cutscene" and check out some of the videos there for a bit more background.

You got this bit of info on the official site about wyverns which you already have mentioned.

A lot is still left to speculation. Which is a key reason I am keeping the Ishgard aspects of Eva's story kind of under wraps until we know more about it.

I do strongly recommend watching the DRG cutscenes though on YT if you haven't already done so. That might help with some of your questions.

I actually was curious about this two days ago and did a bunch of scanning on some wiki's and google and there since to be almost no information besides the common stuff. There's the "Tale of Bridges" that tells the history of Ishgard and I'm guessing its battle with dragons along with that, but as far as the actual dragons themselves they haven't really said much.

I can only imagine how dire their fight with dragons is going to be now that Bahamut is up and about hidden somewhere though. I remember dragons being talked about a bit in one of the producer letter videos back when I first joined but I haven't found it yet. :'( I'll be sure to edit my post and include it if I do.

A lot is still left to speculation.  Which is a key reason I am keeping the Ishgard aspects of Eva's story kind of under wraps until we know more about it.

Uther was born and raised in Ishgard but expatriated to help the Grand Companies five cycles ago (story for another time). I'm pretty much going the same route as you, though, and trying to tip-toe the subject as to avoid lore-breaking. So far, I've found it's pretty simple to just say "I don't want to talk about it." when it comes up IC. I feel like Uther would know at least something about dragons though, having fought them for four years before exiling himself. It's a lot harder to keep quiet about that one.

Either way, thanks for the help everyone. I'll check out those youtube videos and whatever else I can find.

So far, I've found it's pretty simple to just say "I don't want to talk about it." when it comes up IC.

Yeah, Eva's father kept a journal which would have a lot of details about stuff that she would be privy to. Basically her father left Ishgard when she was too young to remember, so she only has his words to go by. We're just left having to make these sorts of excuses when the matters come up. Apart from combating against dragons, there's really little I could say at this point that her father was really involved with. You picked a tricky place to try and springboard from. There will probably be a wealth of information with future expansions, and possibly even a good deal more whenever the Coerthas region gets unlocked. I feel your pain though. And I wish we had more info.

Yeah, Eva's father kept a journal which would have a lot of details about stuff that she would be privy to.  Basically her father left Ishgard when she was too young to remember, so she only has his words to go by.  We're just left having to make these sorts of excuses when the matters come up.  Apart from combating against dragons, there's really little I could say at this point that her father was really involved with.  You picked a tricky place to try and springboard from.  There will probably be a wealth of information with future expansions, and possibly even a good deal more whenever the Coerthas region gets unlocked.  I feel your pain though.  And I wish we had more info.

Making an Ishgard-based character is definitely a pretty long and painful road, but I really like what I know about it and it seems like a perfect place for Uther to start. It's definitely tough, but it's worth it to me. 

Hopefully when more information comes out it'll make things a lot smoother.