Recurring Optional Bosses (and not-so-optional)

I am somewhat confused as to whether this should go here or in Off-topic, but I suspect that it is FFXIV related enough, that here'll be fine.

Based on Yoshi-P's comment in regards to how he wanted iconic bosses from previous entries in the series to appear in ARR, I thought that we should post about the ones that we'd like to see.

A few recurring enemies that seemingly have been verified are Omega/Ultima Weapon and Demon Wall, also Siren and Gilgamesh were confirmed ages ago, Siren will be a Primal, Gilgamesh's role is still uncertain.

FFXIV_Siren_Concept_Art.jpg

4703_3.jpg

FFXIV_Weapon_Wallpaper.jpg

Personally, I'd get a kick out of it if we got a fight similar to Ozma from FFIX, perhaps the remnants of Dalamud or a Dalamud-prototype could make for a fight similar to it.

According to rumors, the FFXIII series and FFXIV MMO are having some kind of mutual promotion thing.

In Lightning Returns, there's a DLC to dress Lightning up as a Miqo'te.

No idea what FFXIV is getting in return.

My hope? Gunblades. But boss from FFXIII sounds possible too.

A certain Empire has gunblades, if you look really close at their gear in the cutscenes...

Ahem. For repeatable bosses, obviously all the summons from prior FFs make good Primal material. The Calbrina, or something like it, from FFIV might be an interesting boss that could easily fit into the setting. Perhaps we could see the Magimaster from VI make an appearance. I'd also like to see some giant magitek monstrosity similar to the Giant of Bab-il. XIII has a lot of sci-fi bad guys that could easily come in as XIV bosses.

And hey, if you want people to throw their keyboards through their monitors, bring Ozma in. :)

And hey, if you want people to throw their keyboards through their monitors, bring Ozma in. :)

He wasn't that bad.. Incredibly unfair, and luck-based most of the time, but hey.. We need another Absolute Virtue :P

Bah, only if you want people to throw their computers out of their windows and storm the Square Enix offices with torches, pitchforks, flaming pitchforks, and spiked torches. :)

I wonder if as from the developer standpoint this is a tactic to add in more content quicker?

I mean they will have already had the art drawn up and character models done. All they would have to do is touch them up a bit.

As many have said before I want the Doom Train, I mean they got the tracks laid down now, would be awesome to have it part of a large scale 4 part fate which would culminate in fighting Doom Train.

The boss I want to see return from the past is definitely Enuo, he is originally only mentioned in FFV but you were able to fight him in FFV advance, Also the Demons of the rift were some really interesting to fight. 

Anyway I loved the fight against Enuo it was awesome and it showed me that FFV was one of my Favorite games.Plus I think the Demons of the rift and Enuo would fit in pretty nicely.

Well.. Considering that "The Void" which is spoken of in so many Final Fantasy games, seems like it is canonically connecting each and every one of the games, those beings who are known to cross the Void would indeed be ideal.. And Enuo in FFV:A, along with Shinryu were really enjoyable.

A certain Empire has gunblades, if you look really close at their gear in the cutscenes...

Belatedly, don't forget gunhalberds (link is split since it keeps auto-YouTube embedding).

... and weird gundagger things that are attached along the forearm.

Honestly, at this point, if the Garleans don't have a gun attached to everything and anything I'll be disappointed. I even want to see a gunshield. :V  Maybe some sort of shield that fires off point-blank buckshot shotgun rounds in your face if you strike it when an enemy defends with it.