10 Common Errors �Spell Check� Won�t Catch

Yes, I don't get jealous. I understand you see everyone will end up loving her. Strangers come right up and kiss her on the neck, it's true! Now that I've accepted I must share her with the world, life is a lot easier.

How weird that sounds, it's actually true <.< It was really creepy, this guy came up to me the other day and told me that I should "share my love with ALL men" and then kept trying to hug me and kiss my neck (I think that was the only place he could reach, he wasn't very tall)...

BUT talking about mispronounciations, mr. Rød. (Just to furthely go on a tangent, the danish word for red is really hard to prenounce for english speaking people, and it will often come off as the danish word for "ass" <.<).

Aaaand back on topic: I actually spelled it colour for a long while too. In Denmark, we're taught british rahter than american, but since we watch so many american movies and stuff, it's usually a mix, so I'm never quite sure.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would that happen' date=' you would all fall under her magical power...[/quote']

I'm okay with that.

On topic, it also drives me crazy when people don't understand how to use "etc" properly or don't know that it stands for "Et cetera". Though I suppose that's more about being picky about Latin than English. ;)

I happen to have issues with farther and further, but I think the thing I have the most problems with is punctuation and the spelling of a few things. So if you happen to see commas in places where they shouldn't be during an RP, I apologize in advanced.

I have issues with birds. Not the spelling, they just creep me right the frig out.

lol, but seriously, Stanzie then and than are SOOO frusterating, so here, I'll do some research for you:

Than = comparing two things

Then = with respect to time

for example:

I am better at wearing clothes THAN you.

We are going to the baby factory, THEN the dorkfish museum.

Dorkfishology is better THAN non-dorkfishology.

I have horrible pronunciation habits' date=' much due to my upbringing, though grammatically I tend to only make errors due to typos or intentionally as an effect of dialogue.[/quote']

or if you're really really drunk, hahaha xD

ohhhhhhhh' date=' your one of those guys that thinks everyone who drinks is a vacuous moron.[/quote']

Or they just don't like the taste.

Or their chemical makeup is such that any alcohol will cause a chemical reaction within their body that could render them a walking nuclear wessel. Er, vessel.

ohhhhhhhh' date=' your one of those guys that thinks everyone who drinks is a vacuous moron.[/quote']

No, though I can't say the same for people who make snap judgments about others based on their personal practices?

Snipping aside, I neither like the taste nor the way it makes people act. Some people are fun when they're drunk, and those people are typically a lot less fun as the depressant qualities of alcohol begin to kick in. I'm generalizing and there are exceptions. I'm not one of them and have met few who are. Even to the small extent that I enjoy it, I find that I end up regretting it. I'm just happier sober, which is all the reason I need.

As for others, so long as they are responsible about it and keep the consequences to themselves, I have no opinion of it. It's self-destructive to many people and that's a shame, and for some it's nothing more than a recreational activity. For those people I only wish they would find something better to do to enjoy their lives. But that's not to say that there's by necessity anything wrong with it, just that there's nothing productive about it that can't be achieved by more productive means, at least ideally.

I just find it a bit ridiculous that abstaining from alcohol should invoke any kind of affront. I know that different cultures have different values about alcohol use, but I think most recognize that to abstain is ideal, even if they wouldn't choose it for themselves. While this isn't the first time that someone has wrongly assumed that I look down on all drinkers, it is easily the most egregious.

Frankly, it was an ignorant statement and ignorance is no crime, but warrants correction just the same. It's not my intent to make an affair out of it-- just setting the record straight.

I'm actually not sure why some dude making a joke about being drunk warranted a correction of "actually, I don't drink" in the first place, as I honestly doubt he meant it about you personally. ;)

Come now though, this is supposed to be a happy occasion! Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Let's talk about bad spelling, instead. Bad spelling is always interesting.