Let's Play FFXIV

Once the NDA lifts for video I plan to start a Let's Play of FFXIV and looking currently for some feedback / assistance.

First:  Should I use a Legacy character for the Legacy cutscenes?

Second: If no to the first, what race/city would viewers prefer?

Third: Anyone want to make an introduction clip or image? lol

I think a new character should be used.

A Let's Play thing is aimed mostly for people who haven't played yet, and they won't be seeing Legacy scenes anyway so it wouldn't be very representative of the game for them. ^^

No idea about the rest!

I think a new character should be used.

A Let's Play thing is aimed mostly for people who haven't played yet, and they won't be seeing Legacy scenes anyway so it wouldn't be very representative of the game for them. ^^

No idea about the rest!

Agreed with this post. Also, I think a Let's Play is a great way of drawing new players into the game. I usually check out let's plays for games that I'm interested in buying what want to see what the experience is like. Considering that, I think a new character should be used so that people who are interested in buying the game know what to expect (at least story wise.) But yeah, great idea, Nel.

New Character. And since this is an MMO, you should totally do it with someone else as well. Or multiple people. Something. Let's Plays are so much more fun to actually listen to when there's multiple people involved.

New Character. And since this is an MMO, you should totally do it with someone else as well. Or multiple people. Something. Let's Plays are so much more fun to actually listen to when there's multiple people involved.

I second this.

I'd also say use a new character, and friends if you can.

What would be fun and hilarious is if you took the time to TRULY design a new character, therefore spending like an hour or two in the character creator. Start designing it, then do a fast forward on it with some commentary. Might be enjoyable for people to see how much you can really do for customization without making it last forever.

This is a really cool idea and I would love to help if I can. I think if you can at least get a "light party" of players then you should be able to get through almost anything. The only problem with having other players involved would be the first fifteen levels, since if you wanted a full party (tank, healer, and two DDs) that means that at least one person, if not two or more, will be somewhere else. Starting in U'ldah you would be out a healer, Gridania you'd lack a tank, and Limsa Lominsa you wouldn't have any DDs. It's a minor issue but one that would still be problematic.

If you still want to do this with other folks I have all of the stuff for helping out but the availability. If it is done for a few hours on specific days then I can better adjust my schedule to fit. Excluding sudden acts of real life, of course. Daily is more difficult for me because I have some things that I can't get out of, such as classes and their deadlines when fall rolls around. Luckily (or unluckily?) I don't have a job or anywhere to be on a regular basis sans the aforementioned classes, so I still have a reasonable amount of time on my hands.

If it helps any I actually have a really good mic, I bought it for a radio play I'm working on so it has a good sound to it, very clear and rarely picks up background noise.

I use audacity myself ~laughs~ but that was more so if someone wanted to join me for the Let's play

I guessed that but I was just giving information incase those who didn't have a voice recording program wanted to be apart of it ^^, sadly I'm not sure if I could commit to such a thing but I do wish you and others who may join you the best of luck with it!