Equipment Guide for Crafting and Gathering

“Greetings, fellow Tinker.  Tinkerer?  So you aspire to be a famous Artificer like Myxie Tryxle?  It’s a long, rewarding road, but I regularly find new aspirants are thwarted by a very simple but cumbersome concern – their wardrobe.  As an accomplished tailor and leatherworker, Myxie is no stranger to the art of fashion consultation.  Let’s get started, shall we?

Let’s face it, if you’re doing your smithing in a subligar, you’re going to regret it – in more ways than one.  There’s a variety of equipment available to aid the budding craftsperson in a variety of tasks at a variety of skill levels.  I’ve compiled a list of all the different gear you can craft for yourself to aid you in banging a hammer or swinging a scythe.  It’s easier than you might think to put together an effective crafter’s wardrobe on a working person’s budget.”

*Myxie pulls out a scroll, which unrolls down to the floor and continues a yalm away from her feet*

((  The purpose of this guide is to aid anyone who is undertaking the task of raising several crafting and gathering skills and struggling with the constant need to upgrade their gear.

Crafting and Gathering Stats

First, an explanation of the different crafting and gathering stats:

Craftsmanship – increases the rate at which you gain progress during synthesis

Control – increases the quality gained when improving the quality of an item

CP – crafting points; stamina used for special abilities while crafting

Gathering – increases the chances of successfully harvesting materials from a node

Perception – increases the chances of finding a high quality (HQ) material

GP – gathering points; stamina used for special abilities associated with gathering

The other stats like strength, dexterity, mind, etc. may play some role in crafting, but the new ARR system does not seem to encourage them on crafting or gathering gear.  After getting several crafting and gathering classes into the high teens and twenties, the only explicit use I've seen for these base stats comes from a small percentage of special gathering nodes.  As an example, I've found mining nodes that say "STR > 57 = +1 gathering attempt."  Nodes with this trait account for less than 20% of all the nodes I mined, plus the stat varied (I've seen STR, DEX, INT, and MND nodes), so I don't expect these primary attributes to be a priority for crafting and gathering.  I've never seen a crafting recipe that offered any benefit for a certain attribute.  Unless you find that you're regularly missing an opportunity for extra gathering attempts by 1-2 points, I would not meld materia for these attributes into my crafting or gathering gear, as the crafting and gathering specific stats will always be useful, whereas, strength, dexterity, etc. will benefit only a small percentage of situations.

Crafting and Gathering Tools

Second, a list of the tools used for every gathering and crafting profession.  The availability of these tools varies by the class in which they are used, but follow similar trends.  The classes listed in parentheses are the classes that can create the tool in question.

Profession - Primary/Secondary Tools (Production Class)

Carpenter – Saw (BSM) / Claw Hammer (BSM)

Blacksmith – Cross-Pein Hammer (BSM) / File (BSM)

Armorer – Doming Hammer (BSM) / Pliers (BSM)

Goldsmith – Chaser Hammer (BSM) / Grinding Wheel (CRP)

Leatherworker – Head Knife (BSM) / Awl (BSM)

Weaver – Needle (GSM) / Spinning Wheel (CRP)

Alchemist – Alembic (ARM) / Mortar (BSM)

Culinarian – Skillet (ARM) / Culinary Knife (BSM)

Miner – Pickaxe (BSM) / Sledgehammer (BSM)

Botanist – Hatchet (BSM) / Scythe (BSM)

Fisher – Fishing Rod (CRP) /

The following posts contain a list of all the craftable equipment, the level at which it becomes available, and which class can craft the piece.  If you’re like me, every time you hit a new level on a crafting or gathering profession, you hit the armory to try to figure out what new pieces you can equip.  For maximum efficiency, I’ve compiled craftable pieces into an easy to reference list so you aren’t wading through a couple hundred pieces of gear in your armory chest to find that this level has no upgrades for your current class.  This will reduce the tedium of leveling 11 different production classes over the lifetime of a single character.  I’ll be upgrading this list as my crafting skills improve and new recipes appear in my crafting log.  ))

*Note on level 50 gear: Once you hit level fifty, a whole new world of gear becomes available. First, completing your level 50 quest will give you a blue quality main hand item, which is currently the best main hand available. Second, you can now use artifact armor and green quality offhands. I won’t be listing these items, only the level 50 items you can craft that are universally useful to all crafting classes. I'm also not including items that require desynthesis to create. There are better guides out there for how to gear up for endgame crafting.

Crafting Equipment:

Items in [brackets] denote which classes gain a new tool this level.

Items in (parentheses) denote which class can create the item.

Level 1 – Primary Tool [all], Maple Clogs (CRP), Leather Calot (LTW), Merchant’s Purse (LTW), Hempen Halfgloves (WVR), Hempen Breeches of Crafting (WVR), Hempen Kurta (WVR)

Level 5 – Secondary Tool [all], Maple Pattens (CRP), Hempen Chausses (WVR), Hempen Bandana (WVR)

Level 6 – Hempen Shepherd’s Tunic (WVR), Hempen Shortgloves (WVR)

Level 8 – Primary Tool [all]

Level 9 – Copper Choker (GSM), Amateur’s Kurta (WVR)

Level 10 – Amateur’s Thighboots (LTW), Amateur’s Smithing Gloves (LTW), Hard Leather Merchant’s Pouch (LTW), Amateur’s Headgear (LTW), Hempen Bottoms (WVR)

Level 11 – Primary Tool [bSM, GSM, LTW, ARM], Secondary Tool [all]

Level 12 – Primary Tool [CRP, ALC, CUL, WVR], Hempen Doublet Vest of Crafting (WVR)

Level 14 – Primary Tool [GSM, LTW, BSM, ARM]

Level 15 – Primary Tool [CUL, ALC], Fang Earrings (GSM), Cotton Chausses (WVR), Cotton Scarf (WVR), Cotton Halfgloves (WVR), Cotton Shepherd’s Tunic (WVR), Ash Pattens (CRP)

Level 16 – Primary Tool [CRP, WVR], Brass Wristlets of Crafting (GSM)

Level 18 – Primary Tool [bSM, GSM, ARM], Cotton Kurta (WVR), Brass Ring of Crafting (GSM), Goatskin Toolbelt (LTW)

Level 19 – Primary Tool [LTW, CRP, ALC, CUL], Secondary Tool [WVR, LTW], Cotton Breeches of Crafting (WVR), Brass Choker (GSM)

Level 20 – Primary Tool [WVR], Secondary Tool [CRP, CUL, ALC] Initiates Gloves (LTW), Initiate’s Thighboots (LTW), Initiate’s Headgear (LTW)

Level 21 – Primary Tool [bSM, GSM, ARM], Secondary Tool [GSM, BSM, ARM], Cotton Doublet Vest of Crafting (WVR)

Level 23 – Primary Tool [CRP, LTW, ALC, CUL], Secondary Tool [WVR, LTW], Velveteen Bandana (WVR)

Level 24 – Primary Tool [WVR, GSM, ARM, BSM], Secondary Tool [CRP, ALC, CUL], Initiate’s Gown (WVR), Velveteen Chausses (WVR), Velveteen Halfgloves (WVR), Elm Pattens (CRP)

Level 25 – Secondary Tool [GSM, BSM, ARM], Horn Earrings (GSM), Silver Magnifiers (GSM)

Level 26 – Silver Wristlets of Crafting (GSM), Velveteen Coatee of Crafting (WVR)

Level 27 – Velveteen Wedge Cap of Crafting (WVR), Silver Ring of Crafting (GSM)

Level 28 – Primary Tool [WVR, CRP, LTW, ALC, CUL], Velveteen Half Apron (WVR), Velveteen Gaiters (WVR), Velveteen Shortgloves (WVR), Velveteen Bottom (WVR)

Level 29 – Primary Tool [bSM, ARM, GSM], Velveteen Beret (WVR), Silver Choker (GSM)

Level 30 – Velveteen Gown (WVR)

Level 31 – Primary Tool [LTW, CRP, ALC, CUL], Secondary Tool [LTW, CRP, CUL, ALC], Steel Goggles (GSM)

Level 32 – Primary Tool [WVR, BSM], Secondary Tool [WVR], Velveteen Doublet Vest of Crafting (WVR)

Level 33 – Secondary Tool [bSM, ARM, GSM], Linen Chausses (WVR), Linen Halfgloves (WVR), Walnut Pattens (CRP)

Level 34 – Primary Tool [GSM, ARM, BSM, CRP, CUL, ALC, LTW], Mithril Magnifiers (GSM)

Level 35 – Secondary Tool [CUL, ALC, CRP, LTW], Vintage Half Apron (WVR), Wolf Earrings (GSM)

Level 36 – Mythril Wristlets of Crafting (GSM)

Level 37 – Primary Tool [WVR], Mythril Ring of Crafting (GSM), Vintage Chef’s Belt (LTW), Vintage Coatee (WVR)

Level 38 – Primary Tool [ARM, BSM, LTW, GSM], Linen Wedge Cap of Crafting (WVR), Linen Half Apron (WVR), Linen Gaiters (WVR), Linen Bottom (WVR), Linen Coatee of Crafting (WVR), Linen Shortgloves (WVR)

Level 39 – Primary Tool [CUL, ALC, CRP], Vintage Smithy’s Gloves (LTW), Mythril Choker (GSM)

Level 40 – Primary Tool [WVR], Secondary Tool [WVR], Vintage Chef’s Apron (WVR)

Level 41 – Boarskin Thighboots (LTW), Boarskin Smithy’s Gloves (LTW), Linen Deerstalker (WVR), Vintage Thighboots (LTW), Vintage Chef’s Hat (WVR), Linen Smock (WVR), Linen Slops (WVR)

Level 42 – Boarskin Tool Belt (LTW)

Level 43 – Primary Tool [WVR, ALC, BSM, CRP, LTW, GSM, ARM], Secondary Tool [GSM, LTW, CRP, BSM, CUL, ALC, ARM], Oak Pattens (CRP), Woolen Gown (WVR), Woolen Chausses (WVR), Woolen Beret (WVR), Woolen Halfgloves (WVR)

Level 44 – Primary Tool [CUL], Cobalt Preserves (GSM), Vintage Seneschal Coatee (WVR)

Level 45 – Secondary Tool [WVR], Red Coral Earrings (GSM)

Level 46 – Electrum Wristlets of Crafting (GSM), Raptorskin Artisan’s Belt (LTW), Raptorskin Smithy’s Gloves (LTW), Woolen Smock (WVR), Woolen Slops (WVR), Woolen Deerstalker (WVR), Raptorskin Thighboots (LTW)

Level 47 – Secondary Tool [LTW, CUL, CRP, ARM, BSM, ALC], Electrum Ring of Crafting (GSM), Dodore Doublet (LTW)

Level 48 – Primary Tool [All], Raptorskin Merchant’s Purse (LTW), Felt Gown (WVR), Felt Chausses (WVR), Felt Halfgloves (WVR), Felt Beret (WVR)

Level 49 – Electrum Choker (GSM)

*Level 50 – Patrician’s Wedge Cap (WVR), Patrician’s Gloves (WVR), Patrician’s Gaiters (WVR), Patrician’s Coatee (WVR), Patrician’s Bottoms (WVR), Militia Wristlets (GSM), Aetheryte Ring (GSM)

Gathering Equipment:

Items in [brackets] denote which classes gain a new tool this level.

Items in (parentheses) denote which class can create the item.

Level 1 – Primary Tool [all], Leather Wristguards (LTW), Leather Shepherd’s Belt (LTW), Leather Duckbills (LTW), Hempen Coif of Gathering (WVR), Hempen Shepherd’s Slops (WVR), Hempen Dalmatica of Gathering (WVR)

Level 5 – Leather Shoes (LTW), Leather Choker (LTW), Leather Culottes (LTW), Hempen Bandana (WVR)

Level 6 – Hempen Shepherd’s Tunic (WVR), Hempen Workgloves (WVR)

Level 7 – Copper Earrings (GSM)

Level 8 – Primary Tool [all]

Level 9 – Amateur’s Doublet Vest (WVR)

Level 10 – Leather Survival Belt (LTW), Amateur’s Slops (WVR), Straw Hat (WVR)

Level 11 – Primary Tool [MIN], Secondary Tool [all], Hard Leather Wristguards (LTW), Hard Leather Shoes (LTW)

Level 12 – Primary Tool [bTN, FSH], Stablemaid’s Hat (WVR), Hempen Doublet Vest of Gathering (WVR)

Level 13 – Stablehand’s Hat (WVR)

Level 14 – Primary Tool [MIN]

Level 15 – Primary Tool [FSH, BTN], Hard Leather Choker (LTW), Cotton Shepherd’s Slops (WVR), Cotton Shepherd’s Tunic (WVR), Hard Leather Skullcap (LTW), Hard Leather Espadrilles (LTW)

Level 16 – Goatskin Wristguards (LTW)

Level 17 – Brass Earrings (GSM), Hard Leather Shepherd’s Belt (LTW), Hard Leather Wristbands of Gathering (LTW)

Level 18 – Cotton Dalmatica of Gathering (WVR)

Level 19 – Primary Tool [bTN, MIN], Secondary Tool [MIN], Brass Earrings (GSM), Cotton Coif of Gathering (WVR), Padded Leather Duckbills of Gathering (LTW)

Level 20 – Primary Tool [FSH], Secondary Tool [bTN] Initiate’s Slops (WVR), Cotton Work Gloves (WVR), Goatskin Ring (LTW)

Level 21 – Cotton Doublet Vest of Gathering (WVR)

Level 22 – Primary Tool [MIN], Secondary Tool [MIN], Goatskin Espadrilles (LTW)

Level 23 – Primary Tool [bTN], Velveteen Bandana (WVR)

Level 24 – Secondary Tool [bTN], Initiate’s Doublet Vest (WVR)

Level 25 – Primary Tool [FSH, MIN], Fingerless Goatskin Gloves of Gathering (LTW), Velveteen Sarouel of Gathering (WVR), Goatskin Choker (LTW), Goatskin Crakows of Gathering (LTW)

Level 27 – Velveteen Wedge Cap of Gathering (WVR), Velveteen Coatee of Gathering (WVR), Silver Earrings (GSM), Goatskin Wristbands of Gathering (LTW), Toadskin Survival Belt (LTW)

Level 28 – Primary Tool [bTN]

Level 29 – Primary Tool [MIN, FSH], Toadskin Jerkin (LTW)

Level 30 – Secondary Tool [MIN], Velveteen Work Gloves (WVR), Toadskin Culottes (LTW), Toadskin Workboots (LTW), Toadskin Ring (LTW)

Level 31 – Primary Tool [bTN], Secondary Tool [bTN], Steel Goggles (GSM)

Level 32 – Primary Tool [FSH], Velveteen Doublet Vest of Gathering (WVR)

Level 33 – Secondary Tool [MIN]

Level 34 – Primary Tool [bTN, MIN]

Level 35 – Secondary Tool [bTN], Linen Sarouel of Gathering (WVR), Boarskin Choker (LTW), Fingerless Boarskin Gloves of Gathering (LTW), Vintage Shepherd’s Belt (LTW), Boarskin Crakows of Gathering (LTW), Angler’s Hat (WVR)

Level 37 – Primary Tool [FSH], Mythril Earrings (GSM), Boar Wristbands of Gathering (LTW), Boarskin Shepherd’s Belt (LTW)

Level 38 – Primary Tool [MIN], Vintage Doublet Vest (WVR), Linen Cap of Gathering (WVR), Linen Coatee of Gathering (WVR)

Level 39 – Primary Tool [bTN]

Level 40 – Primary Tool [FSH], Peisteskin Crakows of Gathering (LTW), Fingerless Peisteskin Gloves of Gathering (LTW), Boarskin Ring (LTW), Woolen Coif of Gathering (WVR), Woolen Sarouel of Gathering (WVR)

Level 41 – Linen Doublet (WVR)

Level 43 – Primary Tool [FSH, MIN], Secondary Tool [bTN, MIN], Boarskin Survival Belt (LTW), Boarskin Culottes (LTW), Boarskin Workboots (LTW), Boarskin Jerkin (LTW), Woolen Work Gloves (WVR)

Level 44 – Primary Tool [bTN], Cobalt Preserves (GSM)

Level 45 – Raptorskin Choker (LTW), Fingerless Raptorskin Gloves of Gathering (LTW), Felt Coif of Gathering (WVR)

Level 46 –Woolen Doublet (WVR), Vintage Coif (WVR)

Level 47 – Secondary Tool [MIN, BTN], Electrum Earrings (GSM), Raptorskin Wristbands of Gathering (LTW)

Level 48 – Primary Tool [MIN, BTN], Raptorskin Culottes (LTW), Raptorskin Survival Belt (LTW), Raptorskin Workboots (LTW), Felt Work Gloves (WVR), Raptorskin Jerkin (LTW)

*Level 50 – Militia Bracelets (GSM), Raptorskin Ring (LTW)

Hi!

We actually have a thread about crafting right here but I don't think the tools of the trades and all that stuff was mentionned!

It's more of a detailed explanation of how it works.

Would probly be best to keep it all in one place anyway!

Those threads would definitely both help.

Also, I found a little Attribute explanation page where the effects of attributes on crafting are listed.

STR is for Blacksmith, Armorer and Botanist

VIT is for Carpenter, Armorer, Leatherworker and Miner

DEX is for Goldsmith, Weaver, Carpenter and Fishing

INT is for Alchemist, Goldsmith, Leatherworker and Botanist

MND is for Culinarian, Blacksmith, Weaver and Miner

PIE is for Alchemist, Culinarian (lol, pie) and Fishing

Btw, this and the Crafting 101 thread could be sticked together mebbe? I'm sure many will find them helpful.

Also, I found a little Attribute explanation page where the effects of attributes on crafting are listed.

STR is for Blacksmith, Armorer and Botanist

VIT is for Carpenter, Armorer, Leatherworker and Miner

DEX is for Goldsmith, Weaver, Carpenter and Fishing

INT is for Alchemist, Goldsmith, Leatherworker and Botanist

MND is for Culinarian, Blacksmith, Weaver and Miner

PIE is for Alchemist, Culinarian (lol, pie) and Fishing

I've been doing a little looking into this, and I think this information may be specific to Version 1.0.  Looking at the 1.0 crafting gear on ZAM, a lot of it had a veritable hodgepodge of stats on it.  ARR item production seems to be a lot more streamlined to just the three crafting and three gathering stats.  I've only found crafting gear up to around level 20, but comparing across the versions, it seems the base attributes play little to no role in ARR crafting.

Ultimately, my goal is to make a quick reference guide so that every time you get a level up in a new profession, you can see instantly which slots can be upgraded for your new level and either find that piece of gear in your armory to update your gear set or work towards crafting it for yourself to begin using.

As for a sticky, that would be good, as I plan to maintain this list of gear up to level 50 (once Myxie levels high enough to unlock all the blacksmithing, weaving, leatherworking, and goldsmithing blueprints).  Alternatively, it could be added to the wiki along with other guides forum users have created in a new section for guides or some such place.

Great work, Calli! I really enjoyed reading this. I just want to hug you right now! I'm going to have to print this out and stick it to my computer desk so that I don't keep running back to the NPC to see what's available. I'm more excited about crafting than I am playing a battlefield job class haha. =)

I would advise against looking at the old threads (though the one that was linked looks pretty new!), as I think they are mostly dealing with 1.0 information. But there's never too many good sources around, so this is useful for gear selection, while the other is good for mechanics! With all the changes to crafting and gathering in ARR, I think this is a great start for a source. Thank you for putting the effort into making it! I'll be needing it myself. Buncha my 50s are crafting/gathering and I have no idea how to do it anymore, which is just a crazy feeling...

Oh yes, u rock! This will be incredibly useful.

In general I do so love working on gathering/crafting in any mmo I play. Outside of being more the type to remain fairly self sufficient in some aspects of my gear, especially any game that sports alchemy and the ability for me to forge my own blades, I tend to find ways to work it into the type of character I use in each mmo, as a lone wanderer/adventurer/adventurer for hire type being able to handle oneself while out exploring and adventuring on their own for extended periods being somewhat self sufficient comes in handy...that and i tend to just enjoy it when theres a good engaging craft/gather system in place lol.

I loved gathering/crafting in 1.0 and enjoyed the fact we even got levequests that we could use since I could work it into basic RP in a sense of doing gathering commissions or basic craft commissions for npcs n such while honing my skills.

Ty for sharing this and its definitively going into my subscribed folders for reference.

If they don't keep PIE as a culinarian stat in 2.0 I am going to cry. IT'S JUST TOO PERFECT.

On topic, this is a great guide and I will definitely be using this as a starting point when I start crafting and don't want to run around in my skivvies. ;)

.... and don't want to run around in my skivvies. ;)

why not????!!!

You and Gerik could form a studly male small clothes posse!

;)

... assuming you meant Tivahlt of course... cute kitty!

*offers Pie*

BACK TO TOPIC!

*coughs*

Great listing, Calli! Thanks! I didn't get a chance last Beta to tinker around with crafting... but very much looking forward to doing so. I'm the same way- try to be pretty self-sufficient, but creative too.

.... and don't want to run around in my skivvies. ;)

why not????!!!

You and Gerik could form a studly male small clothes posse!

;)

... assuming you meant Tivahlt of course... cute kitty!

*offers Pie*

BACK TO TOPIC!

*coughs*

Great listing, Calli! Thanks! I didn't get a chance last Beta to tinker around with crafting... but very much looking forward to doing so. I'm the same way- try to be pretty self-sufficient, but creative too.

Oh no no, the only one who would be worried about having clothes would be Mali.

Tiv will run around in smallclothes just because it's hot...or he's showing off...or he's bored...

Rawr!

*offers more pie*

;-)

Really looking forward to trying this out... I haven't been able to be a carpenter since... erm... SWG and EQ2! *is giddy to make furniture for some reason*

Crafting is definitely on the list to fiddle with next Beta....

Do you get started simply by buying the needed tool? or is there an intro quest to get you started? I talked to one Guild Master (LW, I think it was)... but he didn't offer me any starting  quest or... direction as to how to start.

(and didn't have enough gil at the time to buy any tool to try it out)

Do you get started simply by buying the needed tool? or is there an intro quest to get you started? I talked to one Guild Master (LW, I think it was)... but he didn't offer me any starting  quest or... direction as to how to start.

(and didn't have enough gil at the time to buy any tool to try it out)

You have to talk to the person right inside the guild at the desk next to the provisioner.  You tell them that you're interested in joining their guild as the respective craftsman.  After a short talk, they give you a quest to speak with the guildmaster.  They actually give you your first primary tool, so you don't even need to buy tools to get started.  In fact, I don't think you can unlock the class without visiting the guild and doing this intro quest, so even if you buy a weathered needle, for example, you can't become a weaver until you head to the weaver's guild in Ul'dah.

You will need crafting materials, which you can gather if you like.  I did about 12 levels in each of the gathering professions before I started crafting, so I had a full inventory tab of materials.  However, I hear that the provisioner for each guild offers everything you need to buy in terms of crafting materials to reach level 15-20 without ever picking up a pickaxe or hatchet.

Oh very good then!

So... then... is there also a quest to get you started in gathering? Or do you just buy the tool? (I admit I got into this last Beta super late at night and really didn't get far to do anything more than char creation and test out the first 3 levels of fighting with each of the three main weapons/classes I'm considering for my main)

AND... I was skipping a lot of the "!"s because I want to do them at launch/phase 4... when I can really get IC and out of "beta tester mode"

LOL

thanks for the quick response!

Oh very good then!

So... then... is there also a quest to get you started in gathering? Or do you just buy the tool? (I admit I got into this last Beta super late at night and really didn't get far to do anything more than char creation and test out the first 3 levels of fighting with each of the three main weapons/classes I'm considering for my main)

AND... I was skipping a lot of the "!"s because I want to do them at launch/phase 4... when I can really get IC and out of "beta tester mode"

LOL

thanks for the quick response!

Getting started in any class other than your initial class follows the same routine.  If I remember correctly, you can't even start unlocking other classes until you level up to level 10 in your initial class and do their level 10 class specific ability quest.  Once the other classes are available for unlocking, I think you'll see someone with a quest marker at every new guild you visit.  Once you do the intro quest, the class is unlocked, and you have a primary weapon/tool that will be good for the first five to eight levels of the class.

Without trying to give any spoilers, I'll break down the early milestones as far as levels go:

Level 10 - unlock the ability to pick up, test, and train other classes

Level 15 - unlock easy travel modes to the other city-states so you can unlock all the different classes

Level 18(ish) - unlock materia

Level 20 - unlock retainers (NPC servants who sell your goods for you and add a lot more inventory space)

All of these are keyed off class quests and story quests, so you need to level at least one combat class to level 20 (arguably 25, but I don't want to spoil that surprise by including it in the list) to unlock the major quality of life perks.

As a crafter, I suggest only dabbling a little to keep your gear and consumables current for your primary class until you can unlock retainers around level 20.  Retainers have a 175 slot inventory, plus you can hire two of them (for a total of 350 extra slots of inventory).  These will serve as your bank space so your myriad of crafting materials won't fill up your packs.  Once you start building three different gathering professions, eight crafting professions, gear and equipment for a number of combat classes, materia from all of those classes, plus food, potions, etc. you'll find that the 100 slots personal to your character's inventory fill up quickly.

Ok. Gave crafting a shot last night and... yeah. I need to plan ahead in Live. I had NO clothes for the L1 quest and... well, lets just say is not immodest. So yeah... totally OOC and irked me.

SO. Need to make gil to buy the basic crafting outfit before I give it a go. (TY Beta)

Also... Does Ul'Dah have all the crafting professions? I was only able to locate Weaver, Alchemist, Goldsmith and... mining. Or is it like the Battle professions and spread all over?

Was recommended to me by several folks to hold off on crafting til after L15... I can see the wisdom in this- though I'd like to pick up the gathering professions so I can prep for Crafting later.

Also... Does Ul'Dah have all the crafting professions? I was only able to locate Weaver, Alchemist, Goldsmith and... mining. Or is it like the Battle professions and spread all over?

Yeap, all spread out. Limsa Lominsa has some and Gridania has the rest, so you need to travel around if you want all the crafting professions.

:ahriman:8-)

Ok. Gave crafting a shot last night and... yeah. I need to plan ahead in Live. I had NO clothes for the L1 quest and... well, lets just say is not immodest. So yeah... totally OOC and irked me.

SO. Need to make gil to buy the basic crafting outfit before I give it a go. (TY Beta)

Was recommended to me by several folks to hold off on crafting til after L15... I can see the wisdom in this- though I'd like to pick up the gathering professions so I can prep for Crafting later.

You can always just wear your racial set until you can craft other pieces.  No crafting benefits, but it does keep you covered up.

Limsa Lominsa has fishing (not in beta), armorsmith, blacksmith, and culinarian.  Gridania has leatherworking, carpentry, and botany.

There's no harm in unlocking classes as you find them, but there's major synergy to waiting until you've unlocked them all to actually get started.  Blacksmithing, for example, uses almost as much lumber and leather as it does metal, so if you've unlocked carpenter and leatherworker, you can get a little extra experience in those two classes by crafting your materials rather than buying the wood or leather outright from the blacksmithing supplier.

I spent the last day working almost exclusively on blacksmithing, as an example.  I started with most of a stack of maple lumber, two stacks of copper, a stack of tin, and around 20 animal hides.  I used up all my lumber, all my hides, and most of my metals.  I would suggest doing your gathering professions first, and when it comes to the metal ores and lumber, gather at least two stacks of 99 each.  The other materials like latex, stone, uncut gems, etc. aren't used nearly as much as the raw lumber and metals.

I’ll be upgrading this list as my crafting skills improve and new recipes appear in my crafting log.  ))

These lists represent recipes up to the following levels in the different production classes:

ARM 20, BSM 20, CRP 25, GSM 25, LTW 25, WVR 25

This will be my last update for the end of Phase 3 of the beta.  I got my crafting skills to the levels listed above from my edited post and updated the entire list to make it more comprehensive.

What's New for this Version?

First, I added a little information on how the primary attributes affect your crafting and gathering.  The answer continues to remain "not very much."  Roughly 20% of the gathering nodes will benefit from "ATT >= X".  The attribute I've seen varies from STR, DEX, INT, and MND.  Considering that means that on any given gathering node you have a 1 in 5 chance of benefiting from 1 of 4 stats to receive just one more swing on a node, that pretty much clinches the notion that you're better off looking for gathering stats rather than base attributes on your gear.  I have yet to see any crafting recipe that explicitly states a benefit from an attribute.

Second, I posted my current crafting skill caps as part of the list, so you'll know if you've exceeded my skill level.  I tried to get them all up to 25, but armorer and blacksmith required me to go out mining up so much metal and shards that I just couldn't quite make myself do it, especially with still needing to test out all the classes and several nights of quality RP.  Excuses aside, if you exceed the posted levels in your own crafting skill, you'll have new recipes I haven't seen yet, so remember that those recipes won't appear on this list.  Again, as I level my new crafter on live back up to these levels and beyond, I'll be updating this list.

Third, I made the list a lot more comprehensive.  In addition to adding all the pieces for my higher skill levels, I also added a few suffixes to pieces where I had previously left them out.  I realized things like "Brass Ring" and "Brass Ring of Crafting" are vastly different pieces (the first being for disciples of war, the second being for crafters of all types).  Hopefully that will prevent confusion for anyone looking to keep their crafting gear on the razor's edge as they level up.

Fourth, I updated all the Primary and Secondary Tool entries to include which classes get an updated tool for that level.  It was a little bit annoying looking at the list and seeing that you got a new primary tool at level 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 18, 19, and 20 with no indication which classes got tools at which level.  So I fixed that.  Hopefully the brackets will make it clear that [these are the classes that get a new tool] versus (these are the classes that make this piece of gear).

• 1 month later...

These lists represent recipes up to the following levels in the different production classes:

ARM 25, BSM 25, CRP 25, GSM 30, LTW 25, WVR 35

I updated the post to include recipes I have discovered given these new skill caps. Hopefully the gear sort feature in the next patch will make this list unnecessary, but until then, happy crafting!

• 1 year later...

It's been quite a while since I updated this thread, despite having completed my list months ago. Whether or not it's useful to anyone now that there are several websites where you can just do a gear search, I have no idea. I figured since I made the list I may as well post the full list, in case someone does find it useful.

Enjoy, and good luck with your tradeskills :D