Chocobo, cattle, and a Roe

Hello. Some of you guys know that Fearless was born and raised on a ranch and is currently working at one.  In the future, I would like to have him start up his own place.  The thing is I never really did serious research into what a ranch may be like in the 14 world. 

So my questions for you all is.  What would a ranch be like in Eorzea?  Do they have cattle?  If not, what would be a good replacement?  I don't know but are there different breeds of chocobos? 

Thank you for your help and any other info would be great.

I've never seen any sort of cattle or cows in XIV so far, but I think a good replacement for grazing animals would be Ewe in La Noscea, the Aldgoats in Thanalan, or the Antelopes in Gridania.

I heard a while back (like way way back) that the dev team was thinking about adding the Golden Saucer from VII in a later patch/expansion, and I could only assume there would be the chocobo races mini game. I haven't heard or read anything about color breeds or even different breeds of the same color, but if they were going to implement the chocobo racing mini game I think they would have to also add in some sort of chocobo breeding, thus different breeds.

Sorry I don't know much more, but I hope it was somewhat helpful! C:

i know there re the ranched that raise the dodo birds or whatever in the game as well.. as I think giant chickens ^^; 

For grazing animals i've only seen the lost lambs so far..

I specifically remember reading that there will be an option for your house to add stables for chocobos with the option to breed them. I don't know the full extent. There is also a quest line if you start in Gridania that has a chocobo breeder in it. Though I don't know about different breeds, people definitely breed them for competition, racing, and color.

i know there re the ranched that raise the dodo birds or whatever in the game as well.. as I think giant chickens ^^; 

For grazing animals i've only seen the lost lambs so far..

Yeah, that place is outside Limsa Lominsa in La Noscea (well, at least one of those ranches) and there is even a quest to herd/gather Dodoes back to the farm.