Screenshots

So... once more, am in Beta and am unable to take a screenshot via 'Print Screen' on my keyboard. Do I need to create a 'screenshot' folder under FFXIV? (I seem to recall in one game I had to do that to make it work...?)

Now... I -can- create one via the Windows snip tool, but that... is rather unwieldy and the resolution seems... worse than my active screen. It prevents me from taking serial screenies in a row so I can pick the best one. Kinda 'freezes the screen' until I push save- which doesn't stop the animations or cutscenes.

Surely, there is a better way....

I don't get why this is not working :(

I had the same problem this noon, as i wanted to make some screenshots but the print button didnt work anymore and i could swear it did work the last WE.

Anyway, for me Ctrl + print did the trick, so either windows-button + print or Ctrl + print should work.

I had the same problem this noon, as i wanted to make some screenshots but the print button didnt work anymore and i could swear it did work the last WE.

Anyway, for me Ctrl + print did the trick, so either windows-button + print or Ctrl + print should work.

:love::love::love::love::love::love:

Ctrl+print did it! Thank you!

*my hero*

Thanks for the responses. According to Yssen this is a known issue as well, so I'm apparently not alone in my frustration. Still... *cheers* thanks Sinikko!

The Printscreen button only works when you're actually on a character, standing around. It doesn't seem to work during cutscenes, character creation, and other similar instances.

Honestly I have no idea what I did to get the PrtScr button to work by itself. There are a bunch of things I did. might have been when I re-installed might have been when I deleted my CFG or it might have been when I turned on scroll lock. I really have no idea it just started working without needing to press Ctrl along with it.

I hope that a few months or so post launch the ps3 version will get something incorporated for screenshots. I'll be playing on both platforms but it would be handy.

Have you considered getting a Dazzle or something similar? There are devices that record screenshots and videos. You can even buy an older version of Dazzle and that should work out and be cheaper (or a similar device to Dazzle).

Alternatively, you can hook up your PC to your PS3 if you have a PC with video inputs (or a video card with video inputs). Of course, your PC may be in another room, so....

These are just suggestions. From googling, I see DCUO added the ability to capture screenshots in that game on the PS3 (not sure about Free Realms). So, it looks possible, especially if people ask for the feature. Also to mention, it still seems like you need a keyboard hooked up to take those screenshots on the PS3; "F9" seems to do it rather than "PrntScrn".

:ahriman::idea:

Print Screen works fine for me except in cutscenes, much to my dismay. Do I really need a third party program to take cutscene screens? :(

Ctrl+Print Screen, then pasting into a paint file works.

Yeah, i believe it's "scroll".

Yeah, I use "ScrLk" or "ScrollLock" as well, but keep in mind I just can punch the "PrntScrn" and that works for me without any other combo-keypresses, so that may/may not work for Kyatai.

:ahriman::tonberry: