CE Package question.

As the title says I have a question regarding the CE package. I am planning on getting the game and hopefully CE, but my question is will I still be able to join in on Early access, with the whole having to wait to get the game rather then digital.

Last I checked, box set CE is sold out. :( I had to get the digital download.

But... No. You will get a code that you plug into your Squeenix account that will let you download the game... Then when your box arrives, you have a "backup."

(I asked a similar question earlier ;) )

Good news is that you can still get early access and the early access bonus items by preordering the regular edition. Then you can always upgrade your account with the digital upgrade later. Of course, for the physical items... I guess there's always ebay?

yeah, I would suggest starting with the digital CE. In my experience there are always people who get the CE then maybe decide to stop playing down the road and sell their CE, but the digital codes have already been used. You can get those for relatively cheap on ebay because the used codes have diminished the CE's value.

So I went into my local game store and placed my deposit down for my collectors edition. If I pay when early access comes out will I get a code to play?

Bleh I think we should send a :tonberry: too square-enix until they get more. Is they any reason to buy the Digital CE?

Sending a tonberry is going to take awhile... -_-'

Also, If you preordered at a game store, there should have been a code on your receipt. At least, that's the way it worked at Gamestop. And yes, you have to preorder to get early access; however, it does not matter what edition, or if it's physical or digital.

Bleh I think we should send a :tonberry: too square-enix until they get more. Is they any reason to buy the Digital CE?

Sending a tonberry is going to take awhile... -_-'

Also, If you preordered at a game store, there should have been a code on your receipt. At least, that's the way it worked at Gamestop. And yes, you have to preorder to get early access; however, it does not matter what edition, or if it's physical or digital.

When I went to Games Store, the company Game not a random shop, I was giving a receipt with a code on it and with a £5 on it, which shows I have put the deposit down. They wouldn't let me buy the game outright until launch. So I can't see the code being on the receipt I have will allow me early access.

As the title says I have a question regarding the CE package. I am planning on getting the game and hopefully CE, but my question is will I still be able to join in on Early access, with the whole having to wait to get the game rather then digital.

It seems you've put a deposit down but I've noticed you're from the UK.  You can still order online from Game - http://www.game.co.uk/en/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-collectors-edition-229833?pageSize=20&categoryIdentifier=348108&attributeName1=Catalog_GameSalesCatalog_EN_GB&attributeValue1=4294963471

I ordered my copy last weekend.

I would of done it online but honestly I can't seem to recall my account details and I have a store 15min away from me, so I figured it was easier. I suppose I could go down and pay for it next month before it comes out and get early access.

I preordered my game through GAME's online store and they emailed me my pre-order code. We need to go to the preorder page and enter our email and wait instructions. I don't know how it works for store pre-orders; you'd have to ask them I suppose.

I checked my email and got a code on 11 July (didn't notice). My code is in the format of AAAAAA-111-BBBBBB-222. If that is the code on your receipt then I assume you are fine. If not, you may not get the code until you have paid for the item in full, or if they don;t have an email address for you they can't send it to you. I am unsure about that and best to ask the store.

Slightly different to how they did it for CE 1.0 it seems.