Afternoon!

Barios

Seems to be the right spot to post in hardy how do you do! Been looking ready to RP in ARR for ages now, so I'm pretty excited that it's getting closer! Oh my manners are horrible, I'm Barios! Most of my main characters are named Barios, I like the idea of a different universe, different personality thing. Pretty cool!

I've been playing MMO's for ages now. Probably since I was...14. Been some years since haha. I enjoy them, and about two or three years ago I started getting into RPing. It was quite the getaway, and using imagination in such a way as roleplaying just seemed to fit perfectly. I enjoy detail. Being able to express as much detail as I can without making it seem over the stop or boring is what I aim to do. 

In ARR, Barios will be a older character. At least that's the hope for my idea. Similar to the one I had in GW 2, this one will either be a fist weapon user or a lancer. Little bit of magic behind him as well. He'll have awoken from a sleep. One in which many people who knew him thought he had died. Now he needs to put together what happened, and who if anyone placed him into his coma.

My roleplaying style...I wouldn't say heavy, but I wouldn't say medium either...somewhere in between. Of course there will be days where I don't want to RP, and there will be others when I RP all day, haha.

Just to make everyone feel a bit more comfortable with me! I'm a chef in real life. I make things from actual comfort foods to even (My favourite for now) Mediterranean! Mmmm tasty stuff!

But that's it from me for now! I see I've written quite a bit! Sorry for that, but I hope to meet you all, and have a fun time!

Welcome to the RPC, Barios! Sounds like you're off and running with your character idea (an interesting one at that, not a lot of older characters usually running around in an MMO). :D

So, as a RL chef, do you plan to take up cooking ingame or going to avoid it as it's a bit too close to work?

Haha I like the idea of older characters. Especially because you don't see many of them. It's a shame. Who teaches all the youngins' how to wield their weapons? How to use their heads? To me that's a great idea! 

As for making Barios a chef in game? Haha...I'll try to stay away from that as much as I can. Being a chef in real life is difficult enough! I kind of want Barios to be a story-teller. Once his memories slowly come back he'll remember things that have happened..but that brings me to the next point.

I don't know much about Final Fantasy 14! Lore wise and whatnot. Any idea where I should start off?

Welcome!

Sounds like your character is going to be a great addition to the community! We always need an older guy to tell all the good stories around the fire, right? :3

As for learning about FFXIV lore, I suggest reading up on some of the wiki pages the RPC offers. It's far from just information on everyone's characters; there are tidbits about all of the cities, holidays, literature, and history on all of Eorzea. 

I've found it particularly helpful when reading up about the different races and cities to help establish more grounding for my character. n wn

Thanks for the help so far! Is there anything else I should be aware of? Important minor details that one misses when they sign their life away? :lol:

Definitely nothing in the fine print that requires you to give up your soul - nope absolutely not > >...

I kid! Hello and welcome~! Hnn Mediterranean dishes are fantastic and now I'm hungry. But! As already stated you can hit up the Wiki - it's incredibly helpful - for general XIV lore and also this post tells the story arc of the Seventh Umbral Era (aka: about what happened before 1.0 shut down to become a Realm Reborn). Any other questions about things or if you're looking for character feedback, feel free to ask here on the forums! I hope to see you in game C:

Thanks for the help so far! Is there anything else I should be aware of? Important minor details that one misses when they sign their life away? :lol:

Definitely nothing in the fine print that requires you to give up your soul - nope absolutely not > >...

I kid! Hello and welcome~! Hnn Mediterranean dishes are fantastic and now I'm hungry. But! As already stated you can hit up the Wiki - it's incredibly helpful - for general XIV lore and also this post tells the story arc of the Seventh Umbral Era (aka: about what happened before 1.0 shut down to become a Realm Reborn). Any other questions about things or if you're looking for character feedback, feel free to ask here on the forums! I hope to see you in game C:

Oh wow...that post really helped me catch up one what happened! Thank you for that! Just got some more Lore reading to do..and by some I mean a lot..haha. Worth it though! Pretty excited to start RPing!

Merri's posts are pretty much all amazing. Here's another one on random Eorzean lore! http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=1059

WELCOME!

And hurray for older characters! They're really something I'd like to see more of, although I know that the youthful exterior of the avatars sometimes makes that difficult, hehe. One of those games where it is difficult to look older... haha