Greetings

Ruby

I figured it is time that I made a formal introduction. I actually wanted to do this before writing anything on my wiki profile. But surprisingly, FFXIV: ARR was a lot more enjoyable than I expected. But look at me rambling now.

Some people might have seen my name pop around the beta. I play as a female roegadyn by the name of Crimson Lily. As for myself, not much to tell to be honest. 27 year old female gamer and roleplayer who lives in Europe. More specific in the land of waffles and chocolate, known as Belgium~. I might come across as a bit dorky or geeky at times, so please bear with me haha.

MMORPG background

I haven’t really played many mmorpgs. I usually play one and one only before eventually moving on. My first mmorpg was FFXI. I got introduced to it by some close friends and I’m a FF fan so they didn’t require convincing me much. Afterwards came FFXIV but due to interest and lack of time, I ended up dropping it at the early stages, while occasionally popping back in after an update or two. In that period, I hopped on GW2 and roleplayed on piken square as a female norn thief. And now I’m finding myself back into FFXIV: ARR.

Roleplay experience

I started with light ingame roleplay in FFXI quite a few years back. But what really started me off was roleplay through IM or forums. GW2 brought a light change as I instead began to roleplay more ingame. I have about 7 years of roleplay experience. But most of them from forum/IM based ones. I still tend to feel like a helpless puppy at times when roleplaying ingame. Especially with large crowds. I tend to want to read everything and not miss the tiniest detail. And honestly, I much rather prefer small group roleplays or one-on-one.

Character Idea

Well, I already told you about playing as a female Roegadyn by the name Crimson Lily. I always favored playing as either a cute tomboy or a refined/elegant warrior. My FFXI character was an elvaan while my GW2 one was a female norn tomboy. This time around, I wanted to create a more refined Roegadyn. My current idea for my character is a female roegadyn that lost her boyfriend due to an illness taking his live. Causing her to live in regret that she was powerless to do anything about it. Which leads her to pursuing the knowledge of alchemy and conjury. Dedicating her life to curing and healing the sick and injured. I guess this would sorta  make her a nurse/doctor. That’s really in short what she’s about. I’ll be updating her profile with the finer details later in the day.

That’s pretty much it for my introduction. I’ll also be rolling on balmung and recreating my current elezen into my female roegadyn. I’ll leave you with an image of Crimson Lily. She isn’t called Crimson for nothing~. Also, yes my favorite color is red.

Crimson-003.jpg

Such a wonderfully detailed introduction... Welcome to the forums, Lilac. ARR is really fun. I've had to stop myself from playing too much before phase 4. I RPed in GW2, as well, but I was on Tarnished Coast. I really like your character idea, and it's always nice to see more roegadyns around. I hope to see you in phase 4!

Such a wonderfully detailed introduction... Welcome to the forums, Lilac. ARR is really fun. I've had to stop myself from playing too much before phase 4. I RPed in GW2, as well, but I was on Tarnished Coast. I really like your character idea, and it's always nice to see more roegadyns around. I hope to see you in phase 4!

Haha, ironically people have always praised me about my detailed roleplays. It's funny to see it reflect in my introduction. And thank you for the warm welcome.

Welcome to the forum *Tips hat*

Female Roegadyn elegant warrior, I like your style. Our

characters should hang!

Your character is neat and proper, my character is a drunk

pirate brawler. Together they travel from town to port and

solve crimes - an unlikely duo like that make a kick ass team,

like Lethal Weapon, or Rush Hour.

Or maybe they'll be the most impractical pairing of all time

and should stay da feck from each other :D

Anyway, welcome to the forums. Let us know if you'd like

an invite to our Skype and Mumble voice group :)

@Zinodin

She will probably be facepalming to herself the entire time in such company haha. But I admit that I love finding her in such situations. Diversity is what spice things up in life.

@Ronnikins

Blame beta for being so damn fun. I'm already missing being able to venture around Eorzea. Also big thank you for helping me with my wiki and uploading my image for me. I'll admit that I'm having issues to fully understand how everything works.

Welcome to the community! I'd say it sounds like you're no stranger to RP or Final Fantasy, but all the same if there's any way we can help don't hesitate to ask. Trust me, you're far from the only one itching to dive back ingame. :D But thankfully, it won't be too much longer until we're there for good.