Saefinn

I. Basic Info

• Characters:Saefinn Liljasson, Lenunu Lenu, Rhuya Nelhah

• Primary character:Saefinn Liljasson

• Linkshells:Pirates of Eorzea (working title)

• Primary RP linkshell:Pirates of Eorzea

II. RP Style

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):

Medium role play. I like being in character, though I've not done a lot of RPing, so I would say I'm inexperienced, however, when I have done it, I've been in character half the time. I think as you're not only playing with people's characters, but real people too it can be good to get some OOC chat in, get to know real people and discuss content OOC.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:

I think RP combat is something difficult to do realistically, but I think it should work how it works in the game world. I've never seen a mandragora break somebody's leg, so I don't think an RP battle should involve severed limbs and things that are generally difficult or impossible to replicate in gameplay. I suppose if somebody has an injury it could affect how well they fight in PvE battles, so the tank who limps over to the Ifrit murderifying a poor White Mage. But I think if it's going to affect battles outside of RP-PvP, I think those involved should agree to it OOC, otherwise it could spoil other people's fun. Still, I think it would create an interesting challenge in a fight. However, enfeeblements are generally curable. Also, please, no god moding. :)

• Views on IC romance:

I think it should go as far as players want to. I personally don't want to see people cybering it up. I don't think it's something people should get too serious about because IC romance is rarely real romance (rarely because I suspect real couples might do it). IC romance can be fun and it might be something your character might get involved in just a people can be romantic. In terms of fun, our linkshell on FFXI had a gay wedding between me and another guy, because we often joked about in LS chat. Though there was no actual romance (I'm straight for a start), but it was a great gathering and about the only RP thing my LS did and it was fun. It got people together and heck, I even got some pretty sweet wedding gifts.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):

Specifically to family ties I think it can add to the depth, if players have an agreed family history, it'd work. Like on SW:TOR with the legacy system I created a family tree based on various relationships and story surrounding it to justify my selections. There were some rivals involved too. Of course these characters never meet, however, between individual players, I see no harm in being related, but I think some of the content needs to be agreed as I think family history is something more difficult to wing in conversation. Having said that, something spontaneous might be entertaining, so if need be, get creative! With other RP, I take the view that you should try to make it reflective of reality as much as you can - at least the reality of the game. So culture, lore, language, prejudices and various other attitudes. So I am a Pirate Captain doing slightly more honourable work, I encounter a highly lawful Paladin, that Paladin is most likely going to look down on me and have very severe trust issues - he's going to see through my honourable facade and know that my motivation is money, as I am a no good criminal. Of course that allows him to underestimate me if I am actually looking to reconcile for my past crimes or to find out that I'm actually an honourable pirate.

• Views on lore:

I'm all for creativity, but I think detracting from lore can lose some of the immersion a bit. I mean, say, if you decided to create a Sephiroth and were attempting some kind of interdimensional plot inspired by Kingdom Hearts then it wouldn't work because Eorzea isn't a part of that universe. You could probably have a character who draws inspiration from Sephiroth, but your roleplay would need to be within the lore of the game. But I'm not a tyrant, people will make mistakes on lore and I think it's okay and rather than berating people, I think it's much better to be constructive about it. I don't know a lot about the lore myself yet, but we've all got to start somewhere. :)

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):

With regards to chat functions, I think SE has done a good job working /linkshell into lore, you can see characters in game actually using a linkshell. This I think is very helpful. /sh might be the difficult one because you'll need a big pair of lungs if IC, but even then I'm personally not fussy about it. Chat functions are there to make your life easier. As far as OOC/IC goes, I think it depends on what people agree to. /sh would be OOC in my eyes. LS/FC I think is safe for OOC and IC, but depends on what people agree to. Again I'm not fussy.

III. Other Info

• Timezone:GMT

• Contact info:bryn.price[at]live.co.uk

Stole this from another thread, it has helped me flesh out my character.

Part 1: The Basics

1.What is your full name?

Saefinn Liljasson

2.Where and when were you born?

23 years ago in Limsa Lominsa

3.Who are/were your parents?  (Know their names, occupations, personalities, etc.)

Steinn and Rohsa Liljasson. My father was a sailor, it washow I found my sea legs. He was often home drunk after having been drinking in Limsa’s bars. He was often out to sea and we didn’t get much bonding done, occasionally we went fishing, but I was a bit of a rebellious child. My mum on the hand, she took good care of me and my brother, despite my rebellious streak, she tried pumping into me life lessons, many of them ignored, but some I had taken heed of.

4.Do you have any siblings?  What are/were they like?

Finnbjorn is my brother. He was a good lad, younger than meand he learned from my mistakes and was a bit of a goody two shoes. I used to make fun of him and tried to get him to rebel too. He no longer talks to me, both he and my mother don’t want to have anything to do with me. The first 2 times I was arrested they were forgiving, but I’ve been in trouble so frequently I think they’ve given up hope. I still think of them fondly though.

5.Where do you live now, and with whom?  Describe the place and the person/people.

I’ve just moved to Gridania, but I have no real home. I usedto have my ship and sleep in the bars when anchored at port. Since losing my ship and crew I’ve been spending time in Gridania to train in the Light Arts as a Conjurer.

6.What is your occupation?

Captain, or so I would be if I still had my ship and crew. Iwas a pirate, I smuggled illegal goods and made a comfortable amount of profit. Now I am looking to seek fortune by other means as I neither have the means or screw to smuggle said goods. Perhaps it’ll work out as a new start for me. Shame about the crew, I grew to love them as my own, I’ll have my revenge, I’m sure.

7.Write a full physical description of yourself.  You might want to consider factors such as: height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, and any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks.

I’m 5ft 11inches, I have black hair, I like to keep itcombed back. I’m quite sleek, not very well built – I could win a bar fight if I was lucky, but most of the time I am quick with my tongue and possibly cheat. I am of course a young and attractive Miqo’Te, or so the wenches tell me, but then that’s what I pay them for! I’ve got a scar across my forehead, some poor sod thought he could perform a mutiny – he could have taken my head clean off, if I didn’t have a loyal crew. Let’s just say he got off worse, ha ha.

8.To which social class do you belong?

Working class I guess. I mean my father was a working man, Idon’t know, would you put us criminals in a different class all together? Hey, before my ship sank I had enough gil to please a Sultana. I could be upper class if I tried. Pinky out ladies and gentleman, bow before the fine damsel. Ha, who am I kidding, gimme several pints and a couple of wenches and I’m happy.

9.Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses?

I had crabs once. But no, I don’t have any allergies ordiseases. As far physical weaknesses, I’m not that strong, does that count? I’m not great with a sword, let’s be honest here, I’m an easy target if it wasn’t for my crew.

10. Are you right- or left-handed?

Left handed.

11. What does your voice sound like?

I sound a bit common, however, I like to read so I like tothink there’s bit of an educated flair in there. I’ve got a vocabulary, but I still love the vernacular and sailor-talk, so to speak. What can I say, I was raised by a *%^in’ sailor! I like to pronounce my words most of the time, I definitely do not go, “yeargh me hearties”, come on now, it’s just on offensive pirate stereotype and I resent it.

12. What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently?

I like the word “bugger”, maybe “bollocks as well”. Perhaps“by the beard of Ramuh”, now that one turns a few heads.

13. What do you have in your pockets?

A broken pocket watch, some sand. Not a lot really.

14. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?

I swear. I like to cheat. I like to joke about, most of thetime I’m probably scratching my head, especially if things are a little awkward. I’m probably a bit of a chauvinist, I have a good heart, but I’ve spent too much time around whores that it has warped my view of women. I’ve been a bad boy.

Part 2: Growing Up

15. How would you describe your childhood in general?

Hard. I got into trouble a lot, my dad wasn’t there a lot,he was out to sea, and he often came home drunk, sometimes angry. The way he treated mum made me angry inside, I may be a chauvinist, but I still believe you should treat women with respect. Something my mother never got. He made me angry, but when he was sober he was a good father. I enjoyed fishing with him at sea and they made up some of my best memories. His drunkenness just led me onto a rebellious streak – I got into fights, I stole and was a bit of a vandal. Mum had to pick up some of the pieces, naturally I felt guilty and was always sorry, but it got to a point where I could help it. I ended up getting involved in organised crime as a young teenager. I think it was for the best, my brother knew how to look after her and if I stayed I would have just caused her more grief.

16. What is your earliest memory?

On a rowing boat with my mum and dad. They were happy, Idon’t remember a lot, but I remember seeing the gulls flying over Limsa. The sun was warm and I remember a tingling in my stomach, perhaps it’s because it’s a happy memory.

17. How much schooling have you had?

My mum helped school me, she was smart. Once I left home Idiscovered many books, I like to read – my brain is one of my main assets. When out to sea there’s plenty of time to read and I’d like to think I learned a lot.

18. Did you enjoy school?

My mum schooled me, so it wasn’t like a normal school. Ienjoyed spending the time and it was probably the only time I behaved myself. There were no kids around to disrupt.

19. Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities?

I’ve learned most of my abilities joining a crew of piratesat a young age. My dad taught me fishing and my mum taught me to weave and read. A Lalafell Conjurer taught me my first spell. Everything else I learned out to sea and on the docks with pirates. I was a natural, I managed to increase our overall profits threefold, making us a highly effective pirating crew, hence our old captain was shot and why I took place at top. What can I say, people like money over loyalty?

20. While growing up, did you have any role models?  If so, describe them.

I didn’t really have a role model. Perhaps that’s a part ofmy problem. Let’s face it, my father was a terrible role model.

21. While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family?

I loved my mum, but never got along with my brother, as I’vesaid I was the rebel, he was the good two shoes, we didn’t exactly mix well, but I loved him nonetheless. I respect him for standing by my mother and I do feel I wasn’t a good son, so I appreciate their support through hard times and when I got into trouble. Again, piracy was my calling and it was the best decision I could make. Now we don’t talk.

22. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?

I never really thought about it. I thought I was going to bea sailor like my dad. But I didn’t actually know what it entailed. I thought it might be cool to be a guard – I mean with the heavy suits of armour and parading with weapons, but even then it was too organised for me. The free life of a pirate sounded more attractive, but I didn’t think about it until I became one.

23. As a child, what were your favorite activities?

Fishing with my dad. Stealing, vandalism, getting intofights. Oh and playing tricks on guards, now that was fun. They never figured out who it was.

24. As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display?

Ill-tempered, unruly but caring. I had a sense of personaljustice. Probably why I liked playing tricks on guards, I always picked the mean ones.

25. As a child, were you popular?  Who were your friends, and what were they like?

I didn’t have many friends, I had a couple who thought myrebellious side was funny and also liked to vandalise and play pranks.

26. When and with whom was your first kiss?

I didn’t know her name. I was probably 13 or 14, somethinglike that. The first night I joined my crew, they bought beers and supplied us with a fresh batch of wenches. I was nervous at first, thought I was too young, a couple of drinks soon changed that.

27. Are you a virgin?  If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity?

No. See question 26, I am pretty sure I lost it that nighttoo – it was hazy.

28. If you are a supernatural being (i.e. mage, werewolf, vampire), tell the story of how you became what you are or first learned of your own abilities.  If you are just a normal human, describe any influences in your past that led you to do the things you do today.

I am a mage. It wasn’t that long ago I discovered it. Aftermy ship sank and I was washed ashore, the Lallafel Conjurer who helped me back to health taught me a couple of things. I was genuinely interested in her art, as it had saved me. Now I am looking to explore this power further.

Part 3: Past Influences

29. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far?

The day my ship sank during a storm. We were attacked bySahagin, they murdered my crew and almost killed me, if I hadn’t jumped ship they would have. I washed ashore, suddenly I felt I had a purpose. I realised what I felt for my crew and it in some ways reminded me of who I am. I will get vengeance.

30. Who has had the most influence on you?

Either my mum or the Lalafell who saved me. The Lalafellshowed me that I have a second chance, she’s showed me some of the good in the world and it reminded me of some of the good I was taught but ignored. I could see some significance in the path of light, as it had saved me. I do not see myself giving up my criminal ways, but it bears influence of where I go from here.

31. What do you consider your greatest achievement?

I would say becoming captain. Yes, my old captain wasmurdered so that I may take his place, but I was young, but it was my smarts that got me here – my quick tongue and my ability to maximise profits. I brought out business sense, which I picked up from reading some of the books we managed to pilfer.

32. What is your greatest regret?

Not being a better captain. I was business smart, but notwell equipped for battle, I let other people do it for me. When it came to a time when I needed to be a captain with a good battle plan, I floundered and my crew died as a result. I didn’t know what to do.

33. What is the most evil thing you have ever done?

I killed a father because his family couldn’t pay the ransom– right in front of his kids’ eyes. This was before I was captain and it was what I was expected to do. When I was captain I still killed those who got in my way and had enemies assassinated, but I kept the crime away from the innocents as much as I could.

34. Do you have a criminal record of any kind?

Oh yes! But I’ve paid my dues, at least for the crimes I’vebeen caught doing. They were only petty crimes…if anybody could prove my real crimes, then it’d probably be the noose – just as well all those who could testify are dead.

35. When was the time you were the most frightened?

When I could do nothing to save my crew against the Sahagin.

36. What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you?

Well, a crewmate thought it was be funny to hook me up witha transvestite. Well, that was a nasty surprise, especially as half the crew were waiting by my door for my reaction. Bastards.

37. If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be, and why?

There’s many things I would change. I would say I shouldhave learned more about being a good captain – it’s not all about business smarts. I wish I was fitter for battle and had explored my arcane abilities sooner. If I had, maybe things would have taken a turn for the better.

38. What is your best memory?

When me, my brother, mum and dad we out on the boat, mum hadmade the greatest picnic. Me and my dad managed to catch the biggest fish you did ever see (well perhaps not the biggest, but it felt like it). That night we sat in, mum cooked the catch. We were all very happy, because she was in a good mood mum let us drink a drop of mead.

39. What is your worst memory?

It should be the day my dad died, but I had a new familywith my crew, they were like brothers.

Part 4: Beliefs And Opinions

40. Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic?

I’m an optimist, but try to be a realist.

41. What is your greatest fear?

Spiders. Seriously, those things creep me out.

42. What are your religious views?

I don’t really have any, I’ve never really felt anaffiliation with the Gods. I know, I know I’m training to be a Conjurer, but I don’t really have religious virtues, my motivation for studying the light arts is beyond anything religious.

43. What are your political views?

I don’t have any. I don’t get involve with any of thatnonsense. I could never trust a politician, they often say what you wanna hear. I suspect some people genuinely do care for the people, but I’m an outlaw, I’ve always lived outside of structured society, so even if I did care, I’ve not really had the chance to form an opinion.  

44. What are your views on sex?

Are you trying it on with me? Well, I know a good in…I kid,I kid, what you do behind closed doors is entirely up to you – sex is between two consenting adults. I know, I had my first wench as a minor, but hey, wee ones can be taken advantage of and I wouldn’t want to see it happen.  

45. Are you able to kill?  Under what circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable or unacceptable?

I can kill. I’ve always found it acceptable to kill thosewho stand in your way, to kill those who have wronged you. I prefer to keep the killing away from the innocent, particularly kids, come on, it’s not right to make a kid watch his father died a slow painful death, that’s just screwed up. If you’ve not paid for your debts, you’ll have to pay somehow – if you’re lucky enough to have a family you’ll live, but don’t expect to keep all your limbs. Come to think of it, I’ve never used the phrase “it’ll cost you an arm and a leg”, I can’t believe I’ve not done that.

46. In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do?

Hmm, good question, torture a kid? Rape somebody. I don’tthink murder is as bad because they don’t have to live with the pain.

47. Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love?

Nah, it’s all superstitious stuff, people may meet and feela connection, but it’s because they bond so well – I don’t think there’s some power attracting them (like some kind of celestial…magnets?). True love probably exists, I’ve never known it, and so I can’t speak from experience.

48. What do you believe makes a successful life?

A couple of years ago I might have said fortune. But itmeans nothing if you don’t have a good crew to share it with.

49. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings (i.e. do you hide your true self from others, and in what way)?

Yes and no. No because I feel there are expectations to liveup to as a captain, so I’m not going to sound like some kind of sissy blurting out their feelings – growing up I had to toughen up a bit. Yes, because if I’m angry with you or if I think you’re doing something wrong, I’m going to be straight – I feel I need to be honest with a crew.

50. Do you have any biases or prejudices?

I have a particularly strong hate for those who bully ortake advantage of the weak. It’s kind of why I had our old captain killed, it’s why I used to pull tricks on guards. I wouldn’t say I’m prejudiced to any group in particular, if you’d a top bloke, then you’re a top bloke, regardless of your background. “What about people whodon’t pay?” I hear you ask, good question. I feel I should clarify, we werenot money lenders, and we didn’t go around lend people money and ruffing them up because they were poor. That would be wrong – I might spare a coin for a beggar and not expect anything in return. Our old captain used to be a money lender – he seemed to enjoy watching people grovel and beg for forgiveness, but under my leadership we taxed people based on their crimes – see a man hit his wife, we’d charge a fine. See a merchant bully a poor kid, it’s a fine. On the odd occasion we might have even pulled this stunt on a guard abusing his power. Why did we do this? Well, nobody’s there to look out for the underdog.

51. Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances?  Why do you refuse to do it?

To hurt the innocent. Once upon a time I was expected to doit, I hated it, I didn’t get into crime to torture and kill innocent people, I did it for the money, for the excitement and for the adventure. When I became captain, that changed and I refuse to do any of it again.

52. Who or what, if anything, would you die for (or otherwise go to extremes for)?

In truth I am a bit of a coward. I’d like to think I’d diefor somebody I cared about, but you never know whether you’d actually do it until the situation arises.

Part 5: Relationships With Others

53. In general, how do you treat others (politely, rudely, by keeping them at a distance, etc.)?  Does your treatment of them change depending on how well you know them, and if so, how?

I wouldn’t say I’m necessarily polite, well, I guess I’llsay “cheers” now and again, but I’d say I’m respectful as opposed to polite. Well if you’re a douchebag, don’t expect me to be respectful of course. I tend not to get too close to anybody – I’ve preferred the company of a tavern wench to any kind of serious relationship. I’ve never met anybody I’ve shared that ‘spark’ with. If I know you, there’s a better chance I’ll insult you. I love the company of brothers and sisters – you could say I’m a family man, just not with blood relatives. Bring on the bromance.

54. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?

At the moment. Me. Everybody else has either disowned me orare dead. Except maybe that Lallafell, but I can’t even remember her name, was it Az-, Aer-? I’m not good with names, it was definitely something weird.

55. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?

At the moment. That Lallafell, because she saved my life,nursed me back to health and expected no thanks in return. She’s a paragon of selflessness and a credit to humanity. Most people I’ve known would have left me to die – I wouldn’t have, but then I’ve always been different. Perhaps this is why were able to connect.

56. Who are your friends?  Do you have a best friend?  Describe these people.

I had my crew. I don’t think I had a best friend – there wasthis Hyur called Roddy, he was a great laugh, he was a blonde and enjoyed a few good drinks and always heckling the ladies. An embarrassment to be around really, but I loved the guy. Now, the only friend I’ve got is that Lallafell, I don’t remember her name and I don’t even know where she’s from.

57. Do you have a spouse or significant other?  If so, describe this person.

Nope. Batchelor and proud.

58. Have you ever been in love?  If so, describe what happened.

Nope, never experienced it.

59. What do you look for in a potential lover?

Erm…can’t say I’ve thought about it. Erm…breasts? Nice arse?No, perhaps something more special than that, I mean I can great breasts at a tavern.

60. How close are you to your family?

Not very. I love them and all, but they gave up hope on meand it’s why I left. I couldn’t stand hurting them, yet I couldn’t settle down and become a boring law abiding citizen with an honest job. There’s no excitement.

61. Have you started your own family?  If so, describe them.  If not, do you want to?  Why or why not?

Nope. I’d dread to think what kind of father I’d be like. I’ma terrible role model.

62. Who would you turn to if you were in desperate need of help?

At the moment? Nobody. There’s nobody there. Before, itwould have been my crew, they always had my back.

63. Do you trust anyone to protect you?  Who, and why?

I trusted my crew, they were good at protected me, I meanassassinations and mutinies have been attempted, yet I’m still standing.

64. If you died or went missing, who would miss you?

I fear that nobody would.

65. Who is the person you despise the most, and why?

Those I have despised are all now dead. There was this oneguard, I saw him beat the living day lights out of a little girl, then I saw him taking off his trousers…the little girl was fine in the end, we gave her some coin to help her on her way. The guard, luckily for us he was on night watch and there weren’t many other guards around – one did spot us, but he took a blow to the head, but that guard, yeah, he didn’t have a good night at all. The girl was what, 5? Sick bastard.

66. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?

I tend to avoid conflict, normally. I can win an argument,but I’d rather avoid it. I can get angry and shout at people when there’s good reason to. But in those circumstances it’s too one sided to be an argument.

67. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?

Yes. I’m a captain, I like taking leadership.

68. Do you like interacting with large groups of people?  Why or why not?

Yes, I love having a big crew and getting to know lots ofpeople.

69. Do you care what others think of you?

Hell no, mate, I’m a weakling, I’m pirate captain who canbarely fight, I probably look like a sissy to be fair. I care about the loyalty of my crew, but I’m not so bothered about people’s opinions.

Part 6: Likes And Dislikes

70. What is/are your favorite hobbies and pastimes?

Reading and fishing. Two very peaceful things. One nourishesthe mind and the other, my belly. Oh and I guess add drinking to that…is that a hobby?

71. What is your most treasured possession?

I would have said my ship, but I am no longer in possessionof it. All I have left is this broken pocket watch and the clothes on my back. So my most treasured possession would be my clothes, I don’t plan on streaking any time soon.

72. What is your favorite color?

Black.

73. What is your favorite food?

Noodles.

74. What, if anything, do you like to read?

Yes, I love to read.

75. What is your idea of good entertainment (consider music, movies, art, etc.)?

Music, mead and wenches.

76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs?  If so, why?  Do you want to quit?

Oh I drink. I used to smoke, I quit smoking because it mademe reek of the stuff.

77. How do you spend a typical Saturday night?

In a tavern.

78. What makes you laugh?

A man with a good sense of humour – people capable oflaughing at themselves (and I can in turn laugh at them). Nobody needs a stick up their arse.

79. What, if anything, shocks or offends you?

Abuse of power. I cannot stand people who do it. Perhaps it’swhy I’m not really one for the establishment.

80. What would you do if you had insomnia and had to find something to do to amuse yourself?

Probably try to balance objects on people who are alreadyasleep, maybe draw on their faces. Yes, I am that immature. I drew a penis next to a wench’s mouth once. She wasn’t happy.

81. How do you deal with stress?

Generally, bottle it up. Yes, I could unleash the wrath onmy crew mates, but it’s all a part of being laid back, you kind of hold the stress in. Okay, there is an exception, I can unleash my anger if I felt it really is needed. Like with the guard I mentioned, it felt good to get angry.

82. Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan?

I’m spontaneous most of the time and that’s my problem. Ineed a little more discipline.

83. What are your pet peeves?

People who talk out of their nose.

Part 7: Self Images And Etc.

84. Describe the routine of a normal day for you.  How do you feel when this routine is disrupted?

I hate routine, though there are always things that must bedone. Generally the day is broken up by breakfast, work, dinner and general relaxation. If it’s disrupted, no big deal just as long as I get breakfast in.

85. What is your greatest strength as a person?

Empathy, probably.

86. What is your greatest weakness?

Lack of structure or organisation. It’s where I failed as acaptain.

87. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

I would plan more. Think more strategically.

88. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?

I probably come off as an extrovert, but am actuallyprobably more introverted.

89. Are you generally organized or messy?

Messy.

90. Name three things you consider yourself to be very good at, and three things you consider yourself to be very bad at.

Good – Fishing, cooking, sailing

Bad – Fighting, planning, dancing

91. Do you like yourself?

To a degree, but there’s some things I hate about myself.

92. What are your reasons for being an adventurer (or doing the strange and heroic things that RPG characters do)?  Are your real reasons for doing this different than the ones you tell people in public?  (If so, detail both sets of reasons…)

I like the thrill of it. I like the freedom, I don’t feel sorestricted. I don’t like being bound by law, but I’m not going to tell people that, as far as they’re concerned, I’m a reformed pirate who’s paid his dues. I mean, I don’t want to end up in jail, or worse, hung. I am happy to do things for money, lawful or unlawful. You might consider me to be unlawful but good.

93. What goal do you most want to accomplish in your lifetime?

Vengeance. I want to kill the Sahagin that attacked us andin general take down the beastmen and stop them attacking people who simply do not deserve it.

94. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Leading my own crew, with our pockets lined with gil,telling stories of former glory. Wowing people in bars and probably setting myself as a good role model for kids…ahahahaha, I doubt that very much.

95. If you could choose, how would you want to die?

Of old age, I’m not the kind of guy who believes in dying inhonour in battle. I’ll happily live to my old age. Life is worth living.

96. If you knew you were going to die in 24 hours, name three things you would do in the time you had left.

Find a bar, tell people I’m going to die in 24 hours and getfree drinks.

97. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?

For being an all right captain.

98. What three words best describe your personality?

Empathetic, rebellious, lighthearted

99. What three words would others probably use to describe you?

Scum, cowardly, vile

100. If you could, what advice would you, the player, give to your character?  (You might even want to speak as if he or she were sitting right here in front of you, and use proper tone so he or she might heed your advice…)

Hey Sae, I know you have your life of crime, you hate rulesand you hate the establishment, but if you’re too careless you’ll get the people you care about hurt, just like with the Sahagin. You’re a good bloke, you know what happens to criminals, you have a decent heart, there are things you regret in your life, but the fact you regret those shows character, but be sure to learn from your mistakes. Your life isn’t all about fortune, I know you feel the desire to do some good, to lead a crew to do something more than smuggling. So don’t lose sight of what’s important.

[edit]

The family name.

The Liljasson name is not traditionally Miqo'Te and is perhaps best associated with Roegadyns. Liljasson is not the family's traditional name. It relates to Saefinn's grandfather, R'uhanu Tia, who left his tribe with Saefinn's grandmother, R'Lahta. Rather than starting their own tribe, R'uhanu moved to Limsa to start a new life. Thinking he could make riches, he and R'Lahta were penniless, but a Roegadyn by the name of Lilja took him under his wing, he gave him a job on his ship as a sailor and to him R'Lahta owed him everything and to the hospitality of his Roegadyn crew.

R'uhanu and Lilja were very close. But it was during a raid that Lilja took his own life to save R'uhanu, R'uhanu saw it fitting to take Lilja's name in honour and hence he became R'uhanu Lilasson and took Lilja's place and took command of his crew. R'uhanu and R'Lahta and gave birth to their only son, Steinn, who married a fellow Miqo'Te called Rohsa and gave birth to their 2 sons, who were given Roegadyn names in honour of Steinn's father. The surname Liljasson stuck, because without Lilja, there would be no Liljasson family.

• 3 weeks later...

With the character generator benchmark hanging about, I thought I'd try my hand at designing my characters for this RP. Saefinn, you're already familiar with him, the Lalafell, she's the character who saves Saefinn in the events leading up to beta phase 4 and the female Miqo'te, she will remain somewhat a mystery...not because it's a secret, but because I haven't gone much into her as a character.

characters_zps54b11058.jpg