Amazon offers $5 off PC digital and $10 off PS3 preorders!

- $10 off PS3 standard or CE

If you already have an Amazon preorder and didn't get this credit, you can just cancel your current order and buy it again.

Hehe, though I wouldn't do that if you have the PS3 CE since that is presently sold out. Letting go of your order might result in actually losing it. Pretty glad I snuck in and got my CE when I could a few weeks ago! But yeah, look at the availability first before you do this!

If you already have an Amazon preorder and didn't get this credit, you can just cancel your current order and buy it again.

Hehe, though I wouldn't do that if you have the PS3 CE since that is presently sold out. Letting go of your order might result in actually losing it. Pretty glad I snuck in and got my CE when I could a few weeks ago! But yeah, look at the availability first before you do this!

Yes, it would suck something fierce to lose your preorder by trying to save $10. I'm just going to fork out the extra cash. The Amazon price guarantee should automatically lower the rate by $10, but I don't see that reflected in my purchase price when I look at my pending orders.

Yes, it would suck something fierce to lose your preorder by trying to save $10. I'm just going to fork out the extra cash. The Amazon price guarantee should automatically lower the rate by $10, but I don't see that reflected in my purchase price when I look at my pending orders.

I think what happens is that they send you a $10 rebate after your purchase goes through. Don't quote me on this, but it is what I remember happening before.

Though if you send in a nice e-mail to customer support, they'll give you the rebate, while saying you were ineligible for it.  Amazon is pretty cool like that.

Hello, 

I've researched on your order ******, and saw that your order doesn't qualify for the $10 bonus offer. 

Because you pre-ordered the item and seen the bonus offer lately, I've made an exception to our standard procedure. 

I've issued a $10.00 promotional amount to your account, which will automatically apply the next time you order an item sold and shipped by Amazon.com. 

Promotions don't apply to items offered by other sellers on our website or to gift cards and won't cover the shipping costs of an order. When using a promotion to buy eligible Kindle books or other digital products sold by Amazon Digital Services, the promotional funds will apply to your order automatically before another payment method is charged. 

Your promotional balance doesn't appear in Your Account but will always display when you place an order. You'll see your available promotional balance at checkout when placing an order through the Shopping Cart--this amount will be applied to your next qualifying order automatically and does not require a claim code. 

For more information about promotional codes, including the terms and conditions of use and what happens when you return an order paid for with a promotional code, visit our Help pages: 

http://www.amazon.com/promotionalcode 

I hope this solution works for you. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,

:chocobo:

I think what happens is that they send you a $10 rebate after your purchase goes through. Don't quote me on this, but it is what I remember happening before.

I guess I could have done a little reading. Here we go, straight from the chocobo's mouth:

Pre-order and Get $10 Amazon.com Credit, Early Access and more

Pre-order Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn and receive $10 in Amazon.com credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including but not limited to Kindle books, Gift Cards, and Amazon Appstore for Android apps). We will send you a promotional code via email within two days after your order ships. You will also receive a token for early access to the game and digital in-game content including a Mog cap and minion pet. The token for early access will be emailed with instructions prior to early access opening. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Limited to one per customer order.

Snip...

Very nice. Very nice, indeed. Time to flex my email muscle.

You could always try to place a new order first, and if that works, cancel the old one. It's faster than dealing with support, imo. As C said, the rebate is credited to you after payment goes through, that's why it isn't part of the "lower price guarantee" thing. It's a giftcard.

You could always try to place a new order first, and if that works, cancel the old one. It's faster than dealing with support, imo. As C said, the rebate is credited to you after payment goes through, that's why it isn't part of the "lower price guarantee" thing. It's a giftcard.

You can't place a new order on the CE because it's sold out. You can do this with the standard version, though.