Amount of Gil?

Xeon

Don't know if this has been brought up before, but i wonder a few things about "Gil" inrp. Such as how much would different classes of people have? What does basic things cost and so on.

Thanks ahead of time.

-Xeon

Didn't give the clearest of awnser, but thanks for linking it. Guess we'll have to wait for the inrp economy to start to get a real grasp of it. Guess ill try to avoid the subject of how much my character would have for example is established.

-Xeon

Personally (and I know this echoes my statements on that thread), I would shy away from exact amounts of gil and think of your character on an abstract scale:

1. Destitute; not a penny to your name
  2. Lower class; a hovel, hardtack, and a rich inner life
  3. Middle class; a nicely appointed room or small house, good clothes, and some shinies
  4. Upper class; a big house with big parties
  5. Filthy rich; "Have Bentley bring the phaeton around... no, no, the one with the gold chocobos today, they go better with my outfit."

That's really all you need to build on for RP, since you can use that guidance to decide what your character likely owns. Bear in mind, of course, that adventurers seem to be relatively well-heeled (have you seen their armor? :) ), at least insofar as their equipment is concerned. It's entirely possible to play a destitute adventurer who has great equipment but often wonders where his next meal is coming from, just as you can play a fabulously wealthy one who does it for adventure, for good, or because she likes killing people and it's a convenient way to work out that urge. Of course, you do need to make sure that any wealth you RP having doesn't interfere with others' RP; buying your way out of a problem tends to rub people the wrong way.