hello.

pas

Hello,

everyone.

I am new and seeking guidance. I am very excited for critique to learn from as well as excited to make friends and whatnot.

I have played MMOs for years, from vanilla WoW to Guild Wars to TERA and loads of F2Ps inbetween. Between those mentioned, WoW was the only series where I became really enraptured in the lore and was really thorough with character creation and interested in roleplay. I've never played a Final Fantasy game before, and this is my first interaction with the lore. I have yet to play the game, but soon! It's almost August! I'm hoping that I can do a lot of pre-roleplay character development before I jump in to the game and then flesh out the rest that I need to experience via game when I can finally play.

Outside of MMOs, I've been roleplaying on and off for ages—probably about ten years, at this point. I started out RPing back in the days of now-antiquated AIM chatrooms and the like and quickly expanded to long form through forums and text-based RPGs. I haven't roleplayed, at least dedicatedly, in two or three years at this point, although I have taken pause for creative writing every once in a while. I've tried NaNoWriMo unsuccessfully for the last few years, for example. With that in mind, I know that I'm very, very rusty, but I'm also open to all kinds of roleplay forms, whether ‘light, medium, or heavy.’

I found this site through a lot of extensive internet searching in the interest of creating an interesting, and in-depth character. I feel that engaging with the character and the lore keep me committed to playing and is also creatively stimulating, which is relaxing from the standard routine of study and work.

As far as character ideas, I have a few, but I prefer to focus on honing one at a time rather than fleshing out nascent ideas and moving on to others.

I have a lot to write about my first character idea—am I better off going to the RP discussion forum and opening a thread for help with refining them?

Welcome! You said you used to do lots of forum/chat based roleplay. Any of it VTM/or WoD sort of RP? :o Or maybe you have no idea what I'm talking about in which case, nothing to see here! xD As far as roleplay goes feel free to make topics if you need help or just message or post here if you have any questions. There are plenty of people willing to help if you tell us what you need and lots of lore on the forums for ARR. :moogle:

Hey there, welcome to the Site :) 

don't worry bout being new, not knowing FF lore etc. While there is a fair bit to learn, it's all found somewhere here or the wiki.

I suggest wiki first. Just read everything basically lol :dazed:

Of course, any Q's, we got your A's!

:thumbsup: