you people!

but that's the thing... in this game, you don't need alts. I can do everything I want to do on one character. Heck, I can even explain the reason that my big beefy Sea Wolf privateer took up healing for a brief stint (hint: it has to do with a woman....)

I have never been an alt kind of guy, if I am making a bunch of alts in a game, that means I am not finding my stride and will probably leave before "end game"

oh: and to complete the theme:

"I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!"

What if...

Your single, main character is on both servers... and it's just your character in an alternate universe?! >;O

Dunno, hope you're able to make up your mind though! I agree with your alt-problem - I'm same way. ._.

My issue is my LS is on Gilgamesh, and have great folks in it.... But have connected with great folks on balmung too! Soooo rolling one character type on one, and another on the other. Haha. Would I prefer to have one server to deal with? Yessssss.... But if I did, one character would have to die! *sighs*

I plan on having my main being on Balmung, but rolling an identical character on Gilgamesh so I can still RP when Gilgamesh people if I want to. I likely won't have it be an alternate timelines, either, just the same ol' Eorzea where some of my friends just happen to have never met :3

Reasons to roll multipe characters:

- Visual appeal (roll different race each time)

- Two servers to roll on (means different folks to play with)

- RP variety (sure your roe can have all the classes but he's still the same guy)

Reasons to just have one character

- I have no idea o_o

^^

*takes dog and runs* You can go to Balmung but we are keeeeeping your doooog! *rawf rawf is heard as the dog runs off with me in the distance*

FLUFFY!!!!!! NOOO!!!!!!!!!

Ok.. ok.. let's be calm about this... I will bring candy!

Reasons to roll multipe characters:

- Visual appeal (roll different race each time)

- Two servers to roll on (means different folks to play with)

- RP variety (sure your roe can have all the classes but he's still the same guy)

Reasons to just have one character

- I have no idea o_o

^^

Well, visual appeal doesn't really work with me, I love Roegadyn's, everything about them from their social structure to their look. I guess I could roll a sea wolf on one and a Hellsguard on the other?

The two servers thing just means splitting time. Like having two girlfriends... fun at first, a lot of work as it continues, and finally you just end up crazier than when you started!

RP Variety is the only thing I can really get behind. A couple of different styles of RP. However, much like the two server idea, I think this would start to wear thin. With one character eventually overtaking the other.

The two servers thing just means splitting time. Like having two girlfriends... fun at first' date=' a lot of work as it continues, and finally you just end up crazier than when you started![/quote']

Plus there's always the risk of calling one by the other name, especially in moments of passion.

If you have the same character on both servers, I can imagine getting confused about which conversation you had on which server. And the above could apply if they both have a different partner. Try explaining that bit of infidelity IC.

Anyway, too mind-boggling for me. I'll be sticking to one server, thanks.