RP auction house

Someone in beta had an idea for a live ah and I posted the following in the event the RP community felt that this would be a good idea:

If RPers want a live auction house, I will accommodate, but then you will have to abide by rules that are community set. I won't be main on Balmung so there is no misuse, but I can create a character and a forum for you guys. Plus I will have an electronic agreement that everyone must follow. And a live cast to show my screen so no foul play. Violators will be publicly humiliated. Scheduled events as well.

I'm going to respond to this because no one else has.

I'm very confused by this post. I don't know what you mean by "I posted the following in the event the RP community felt that this would be a good idea:". Are you the original poster of the grey text, or are you quoting someone from somewhere else?

The majority of this website's users are main on Balmung, so I'm not sure why this person's is offering to run something for us when he is not even a part of the server community. I don't really understand the concept of a live AH in XIV or how it would be useful, either. RP auctions can be fun and are good events, but are not generally used for actual in-game items. We have the market boards for that.

RP auctions can be fun and are good events, but are not generally used for actual in-game items.

I've actually hosted tent market faires in TERA repeatedly that were very well-received - and earned those involved a fair bit of coin! They included both "vendor stands", where a representative would try to sell their wares, and at the end, a smaller auction session, where big ticket items were auctioned off. It was a fun RP event.

I saw this post in beta forums and thought the idea was cool, I asked him which server he was going to play on and said if balmung he might wanna post the idea here. I guess he is not playing on Balmung, it is weird to host an event when you are not on that server lol...

In any case my take on it would be maybe a once a week or once every couple weeks event.

Perhaps you have an item to sell but it hasnt been selling on the market boards. So you find a representive and give him the item, then when its time for the event, all the items that had been gathered to be sold could go into auction, so you may not recieve as much as you were asking on the MB, but chances are you would sell it for lower cost.

Also to go along with this I thought it would be a good place for people to gather if they need an item crafted but dont know any crafters in that particular field, or if someone needed some materia made/melded,etc.