can you help me

Sorry to go off-topic, but you've hit on something related to one of my characters and I didn't want to make a topic over it. Would it be fine if I were to say that he was a castle guard and/or from some noble family in Ul'dah(perhaps not the Sultanate, that sounds too prestigious and well known). I wanted to give him some higher and more privileged ties without being it being too famous or making him well-known throughout Eorzea(or even Ul'dah for that matter).

There's a fair number of extremely rich and "noble" families in Ul'dah, in addition to being guards on the upper parts of the city. (Kylin can probably speak more to this than I can; it's one of his areas of lore expertise.) Those guards are part of the Immortal Flames and loyal to the Sultanate politically. That doesn't mean that any individual has strong ties to the Sultanate, of course, and since the Immortal Flames is a Grand Company, you can join it in game.

All in all, I think your concept is good as long as you don't tie back to canon characters or the Sultanate itself -- which you said you didn't want to do. :) You could, for instance, play a member of a rich merchant house that gets a cushy palace guard position in the Immortal Flames, which gives you the connections you want.

Thank you very much ^^ Actually, he would have been a former guard so hopefully that will cause even less hassle. I'm happy to know it fits in neatly then, thank you once again.

What he meant by 'paladins of the Sultana' was "Sultansworn".

You're totally right, I got the names confused.

I called them that to make it easier to understand for those new to the lore and point out that they are Paladins and not knights. That's all.

No no, I wasn't trying to correct you. I was just saying what they were called, though I ended up being wrong myself!