Greetings, RolePlayers!

Falkner

Hi everyone! A very warm greetings from a South East Asia player here!

*bow

Well, I just decided to introduce myself here;

I'm completely new at this game. Got recommended by a friend to try this 'new' FFXIV, and while browsing around for the game's overview, lore, races, etc, I also decided that I'd like to join the game's RP community!

So, in accordance to the "-some common things your fellow RPers may be interested in knowing about you-" thingy, here goes:

-- Gaming Background(s)

In terms of MMORPG, Not really much really;

History-wise, I used to be an avid JRPG gamer in the good old days of good JRPG like Chrono Trigger, Terranigma, Xenogears, Breath of Fire series, Vagrant Story, Final Fantasy Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Tactics-- oh the list could go on for a little while... 

I lost much of my interest in RPGs ever since the rapid development of new consoles and hardwares with greater processing powers, the  game devs seem to focus way too much on the graphical and eyecandy aspects of their games, not on the storyline and the depth of their characters anymore.

It almost seems that the nowadays its just: "Oh, let's create the most statuesque, picturesque male and female possible, in possession of every positive psychological traits available for a sentient being, clad them in most absurd or revealing outfits possible, and equip them with the biggest, unwieldy weapons possible and make them save the world! Yay profits!".

--apology but I really found myself getting harder and harder to sympathize with the casts of today's RPG games or to get myself engaged in the plot.

For the MMORPG, my first one is probably Ragnarok Online; there I played a bit as a Priest, decided to hate the game with a passion for its brain-dead grinding, spam-everything-because-everything-is-spammable gameplay, and the "priest = helpless healbot" concept.

Then some times later I played World of Warcraft for a while and I... loved it with a passion. Back then it is still the vanilla version (which is good!). The animation, the battle, the world are all very fluid and immersive.  I really appreciate their concept of their Priest class which is far from being a helpless healer and actually quite a deadly performer in battle (pvp-wise).

A year ago I played Lord of the Rings Online and is actually my first exposure to the MMORPG RP community. I joined their dedicated RP server and there I realized that this is the MMORPG atmosphere that I've been looking for all this time.

Their RPing people are friendly, mature, laid-back, and one of the most comforting for me is:

--no more severe eyesores (AND mindsores) from immersion breaking names such as IKill4Burgerrzz, or xXxLeGoLaSxXx, M1ck3YM0us3, and many, many other examples.

--RP experience

None so far, but as I wrote earlier I've been exposed to the RP community before in LotRO and I quite like it!

In fact, I decided that in the future I won't play any other MMORPG that does not have a dedicated RP community in it.

--Character ideas/info

Hmm now this is interesting. Maybe I'll create a thread about my character idea(s) in the appropriate forum somewhere around here later.

--How did you learn about the coalition?

Google!

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

Mmm... To be frank I don't really have the confidence to be an active RP. I'm not a fast writer, and English is not my primary language either... so I guess a Light RP should be a good learning point for me, eh?

--Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

I own a small diner here where I live and I usually supervise it daily. The diner serves specialty meatballs lovingly made with traditional recipe. Meatballs! Yay!

Anyway... I don't think I have a lot of playtime available, starting from 9 PM (GMT +7) mostly.

Thanks for reading my introduction thread and... see you folks in game!

Hello, Falkner, and welcome to the roleplaying community here.

I have to say that I identify a lot with your description of today's modern JRPG. They just don't make them like they used to, and oftentimes voice acting--which used to be rare and fun to see--tends to cheapen the stories, depending on the game.

I'd love to see an RPG built on the old story standards and character designs, while keeping the high-quality visuals that people seem to expect.

I have experience with WoW (but it was during Wrath of the Lich King) and the community, with respect to randoms, was one reason I quit.

Even if I couldn't bring myself to fit in well with a given world's lore, I did enjoy seeing the better, more personable names players tended to have on RP servers.

The community here is great, and I'm sure they'd be glad to help you even if you don't have much time to dedicate to roleplay. We get new members almost every day as well, so I'd say the place is definitely thriving. I hope to see you around Eorzea.

Finally, someone with a mask creepier than mine :lol: And really, English is not your primary language :surprise: !?! When you say "meatballs", do you mean Italian-style meatballs, or some SE Asian type?

Thanks for introducing yourself, hope you feel welcome here :thumbsup:

I understand your disdain for newer RPGs but there have been some diamonds out there. Lost Odyssey is definitely one of my most recent favorites. I heard a copy of it is really hard to find though *opens the super secret safe and pets my glorious copy*. I know there was another one but can't think of its name, Tales of something, which is also new. Ah, Tales of Vesperia (thanks google). If you play any of the onlineish RPGs on the Vita (or PsP) then maybe you and I can play some multiplayer sometime :D

Welcome to the community!

Hey thanks, fellas!

You guys really seems like a nice bunch of people, and that is -in a way- a bad news because I might ended up liking the game a little too much...

When you say "meatballs", do you mean Italian-style meatballs, or some SE Asian type?

It's the SEA type... I guess.

I use Chuck or Ground Beef, add in some spices, seasonings, blend it, and shape it into spoonful-sized balls, and put it all into a really big container filled with boiling water.

Voila! The meatballs are ready when they bounce and floats into the surface by themselves, really cute!

Hello there fellow SE Asian & welcome to the RPC! Glad to have you here.

Gosh Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, TERRANIGMA, Breath of Fire auugh I miss those games. :D There are still some nice JRPGs (for me) out there namely Drakengard and Nier. They also have an AMAZING soundtrack, Nier especially so.

Anyway I'm rambling, sorry. If you have any questions feel free to message me or start a thread if you can't find what you're looking for in the forums. Looking forward to roleplaying with you sometime!