Splitting time between two servers? also idea?

how hard is it to split time between two servers? i wanted to initially wanted to just make one character but i have (what I think would be an awsome) idea for a character. i want to join a free company on gilgamesh but want to start a linkshell on balmung. as for the linkshell on balmung, would anybody be interested in doing like a boxing or fighying pvp linkshell? something hoprfully different. i would like to hsbe equal time eith both charactets but if that cant be done then i will just stick with my main guy. ig you are interested feel free yo set iy up if you would likr. im not much of a doer more of just make an idea. sorry for the misspellings, im ony phone :)

how hard is it to split time between two servers?

You're going to be the best one to answer this question for yourself.  Every RPer is different.  I personally do not play multiple characters very well, preferring to add more depth and story to one character.  But that is also my own style and I know there are plenty of RPers out there who are able distribute their time evenly, between 4 or more characters.  But if have the free time and are willing and able to play the same character across two servers, you'll probably be all right.  Or you could play two totally different characters, but you'll just want to keep in mind that will also slant how your experience goes.

The other thing I would recommend for those opting to play on both servers is to consider that what you're experiencing on each server is going to be only a sampling of that server's RP community.  I would not write off an entire server - either Balmung or Gilgamesh - based on some lackluster RP early on.  It sounds like both servers will have multiple groups and if one doesn't mesh well on one server it might be worthwhile to research some others first before selecting a full-time server.

how hard is it to split time between two servers?

You're going to be the best one to answer this question for yourself.  Every RPer is different.  I personally do not play multiple characters very well, preferring to add more depth and story to one character.  But that is also my own style and I know there are plenty of RPers out there who are able distribute their time evenly, between 4 or more characters.  But if have the free time and are willing and able to play the same character across two servers, you'll probably be all right.  Or you could play two totally different characters, but you'll just want to keep in mind that will also slant how your experience goes.

The other thing I would recommend for those opting to play on both servers is to consider that what you're experiencing on each server is going to be only a sampling of that server's RP community.  I would not write off an entire server - either Balmung or Gilgamesh - based on some lackluster RP early on.  It sounds like both servers will have multiple groups and if one doesn't mesh well on one server it might be worthwhile to research some others first before selecting a full-time server.

thanks! I guess you're right, i will have to see for myself. I'll try it out with two characters and if one fails i will at least have something to fall back on! thanks for the advice again :)