Introducing the Who. The who? The Who. Who?

To any fellow Whovians on the boards, actor Peter Capaldi has just been revealed as the Twelfth Doctor. I'm a bit put out by the choice, myself (I'd been rooting for Olivia Colman), but I have faith in the series and the folks behind it. Here's to the future! ... or is it the past?

I'm not sure how I feel. My mother is on board as he is "another fellow scotsman" but I'm all... meh. He's no Matt Smith for me. Words from mother: "Let's just waint and see how it transpires."

A female Doctor would have been pretty interesting tho. :3

My sister is a die hard Whovian. She was excited. She just wishes Moffat would up and go, though.

All of my this.

I'm interested to see what the new gent does, it's kind of nice to see an older fellow in the role.  I, too, would have loved to see a female Doctor, but here's hoping for the next regeneration to be one!  If Moffat's still in charge we'll frankly -never- get a female Doctor.

I'm touchy with Moffat. Before becoming showrunner he was responsible for two of the better episodes of Tennant's run (Blink and The Girl in the Fireplace, respectively), and has written a few decent ones since. The problem is the direction he's taken the show. Towards the end of the RTD era things were getting a bit more adult, and digging back into Old Who continuity and mythology. It seemed like things were finally ready to come full circle, and then... -poof- Here's a new Doctor and Amy and Rory and River (remember her? Love her? You'd better, 'cause I'll be shoving her down your throats for three years!) and nobody's even going to blink the morse code for Gallifrey.

Also: Why did Jack never meet 11, Mr. Moffat? I waited years for that, and you failed me.

Things have improved with this last series, and I'm optimistic for the 50th, but I won't be particularly weepy when Moffat steps down.

I'm touchy with Moffat. Before becoming showrunner he was responsible for two of the better episodes of Tennant's run (Blink and The Girl in the Fireplace, respectively), and has written a few decent ones since. The problem is the direction he's taken the show. Towards the end of the RTD era things were getting a bit more adult, and digging back into Old Who continuity and mythology. It seemed like things were finally ready to come full circle, and then... -poof- Here's a new Doctor and Amy and Rory and River (remember her? Love her? You'd better, 'cause I'll be shoving her down your throats for three years!) and nobody's even going to blink the morse code for Gallifrey.

Also: Why did Jack never meet 11, Mr. Moffat? I waited years for that, and you failed me.

Things have improved with this last series, and I'm optimistic for the 50th, but I won't be particularly weepy when Moffat steps down.

You have said everything I would want to say, but without the vitriol. Thank you.