Hello~

I'm a long time gamer who is eagerly awaiting the release in a few weeks. I cam across this site a while back but decided to return thanks to the desire to breathe  life into my character.  

As far as past mmo experience goes, I've played in more mmos than I can count. Started with WoW the moved on to many others like Tera, Aion, Conan, and more than I can remember. 

Rp follows more or less the same route, starting in WoW. Other than Warcraft rp I've dabbled a bit in Tera rp as well. I shy away from things like live rp and prefer to write stories pertaining to my character. My rp style I would have to say is medium-light. I would love to once again start in game rp and participate in live rp like I used to in my early days. I hope FF14 brings back that style of writer in me. 

My character this time around is a sad little abused Miqo'te. I'm thinking of having  her break free of her confinement right before release of the game so that all her experiences will be completely new to her. Her personality is meek, dependent but yet full of curiosity. She wishes to be free and to explore the world but doesn't consider herself strong enough to do it. 

I think I found this website off a post in Reddit, I can't remember. I saw the site and knew it was a place I would come back to eventually as the writer in me loved to read and write about the characters I create.  

Real life stuff? I'm a college student that just completed his associates in Baking and pastry arts. Next semester I start working on my bachelors in hospitality and management. So I love to bake stuff and attempt to make it look pretty! I have a pet dog, snake, two turtles and 7 fishies. 

Oh a side note a few of my old guildmates will be rolling on Ultros, so I was wondering if there will be any type of RP presence there? I have been sorely thinking about rolling on Balmung or Gilgamesh, whichever is the non legacy server so I can rps :<

Either way I look forward to meeting all of you and reading your stories!

Hello and welcome!

Glad you decided to come aboard. :D

As far as a server, any Rp'ers are welcome here regardless of where they choose to RP. Balmung and Gilgamesh will have more representation here tho. Come pay the servers a visit and see where you fit in. In the meantime feel free to make yourself at home.:thumbsup:

Do you have a name for your Miqo'te yet?

Pastry and baking :surprise:! Well well, there was another thread regarding cake decorating somewhere around here (I'd link it, but it'll be funner if you look :P)

Rp will happen where it will, so there can be role play on Ultros if you make it so :thumbsup: Just in case there is some confusion in your Balmung/Gilgamesh choice, non-legacy people can create new characters on the "legacy" server Balmung...many new people here are. Don't know if you thought it wasn't possible, or if you had another reason. Gilgamesh is the non-legacy server.

Wherever you end up, good luck in your search for role play :D!

I do have a name for her! For once in my gaming career I have decided to try and attempt to fit lore naming conventions instead of just using whatever name I pleased. Thus A'Kuri Kota was born! A for the antelope tribe, Kuri is Japanese for chestnut, and Kota is japanese for good fortune. Sadly I have given the poor girl a past and present that is far from fortunate, but I hope she finds the strength to carry on.

Aye, I know that I can make characters on a Legacy server, I was looking for the non legacy because I wanted to start on a fresh server. I didn't want to jump into the game and have a bunch of high levels pick on my already unfortunate youngin.

Rp indeed happens where it happens, but I am rather shy about initiating it, but I will see what happens! I've gotta make my mind up and soon if I am gonna change servers. 

*Goes to hunt for the cake deco thread*

Doooon't worry, you're not alone in being shy about initiating RP, there are a copious amount of us who turn into strawberries in real life at even the thought of approaching someone else. (*Whistles innocently*)

Anyways, it's true that RP happens where it happens and you have to make it happen, but you're going to have a much harder time finding other people to make it happen in the first place. The best and worst part about RP is that you need People. People are the best part about roleplay, but finding the willing ones is the worst part. If you -do- choose to go to that server, try your best to enjoy the reason you went there, sooo hang out with that friend! And if you happen across, or try to find any RPers, well that's awesome.

You could also just make a character on both servers, and as was already stated. Anyone can make a character on Balmung and Gilgamesh, I'm new to FFXIV (Not new to roleplay or MMOs by a long shot though.) and I'll be rolling on both, testing the waters!

I am attempting to convince a few friends to come to Gilgamesh (since that is the non legacy rp server) so hopefully they agree. If not I most likely will have two chars, one to play with them and level hard, the other to rp with and take my sweet time leveling. 

If you do ever see A'Kuri wandering around take care, for she is a meek little kitten with some trust issues. But perhaps with some guiding she can become the bright arcanist/scholar she dreams to be. For now though, (once I write up her escape from her current life) her saving grace will be her little carbuncle summon :D

I am attempting to convince a few friends to come to Gilgamesh (since that is the non legacy rp server) so hopefully they agree. If not I most likely will have two chars, one to play with them and level hard, the other to rp with and take my sweet time leveling. 

If you do ever see A'Kuri wandering around take care, for she is a meek little kitten with some trust issues. But perhaps with some guiding she can become the bright arcanist/scholar she dreams to be. For now though, (once I write up her escape from her current life) her saving grace will be her little carbuncle summon :D

Well it sounds like A'Kuri would express herself through her Carbuncle sometimes. Wonderful idea! I wonder if the carbuncle would do things of it's own accord to help her??