My Soul to Keep (Story/Open RP)

(( I am back! Missed you guys!))

Lodine was running toward the weavers guild when a sudden screeching was going on behind him. 

"What the hell is that noise!?", he said to himself.

He looked back to find the miqo'te hanging onto thread with the frame being dragged along. Everbody started to look at him and the miqo'te wondering what they were doing. He was not paying attention to his footing as tripped. He dropped the miqo'te and landed with a thud to his head.

"By the Twelve!"

He looked up and saw people gathering around, with a look of curiosity and uncertainty in their eyes.

" Damn it all..."

As he was running towards him, the Hyur tripped on his feet and dropped the girl. That was convenient, he didn't have to tackle him after all. He wasn't made for physical contact.

As a crowd gathered around the man, he got close too, hoping to get some explanation. Vlll looked around to see if the other Duskwight had kept up with the chase.

Isobeau was present to view the power of Nymeia manifest; a loose string from a tapestry changing fate, probably preserving the life-thread of the Miqo'te for the time being. 'My my, that was an interesting result' she thought to herself as the onlookers began to cluster around the commotion, 'though crowds and Duskwight aren't a good mix, especially when there is blood involved.'

Lifting two fingers to her half-masque, the tribute she wore to The Spinner herself, the dark-skinned Elezen saluted the work of her patron Goddess as she slowly backed into the shadows and away from the scene.

((Edited to sound less final ;) ))

As Nica fell, the momentum managed to unhook the snag in the tapestry, pulling the large weave of fabric off the rack; covering herself and a patch of ground around her. Covered in such soft, abundant warmth, she began to purr while crawling around beneath it.

The crowd that gathered began to ask a lot of questions:

Who was this Hyur man? Why was he on the ground? Had anyone else seen a Miqo'te a few moments ago? In the confusion and chaos of the crowd, Nica continued to crawl the length of the tapestry. A midlander looked down, surprised to see the weave bulging and shifting beneath him, and he lifted his foot, trying to let whatever was tunneling through pass by. He nearly tripped.

A couple of Lalafells offered to help Lodine up, while a female Seeker bent over to ask if he was alright. A member of the Brass Blades came around the corner, having heard the commotion while passing by on his night patrol. A few in the crowd instantly dispersed, but many stayed, thinking things could only get more interesting.

At this point, VIII would probably feel a small tug on his sleeve. Looking down would reveal a pale white hand clutching the fabric of his shirt. Somehow, the Keeper had gotten on the outisde of the crowd. If she could get any paler she'd be a ghost. Trembling, blood continued to soak her robe at her side.

"Nica needs to heal..."she whispered. "Can she?"

This man looked a bit like her True Master, and thereby the only familiar thing to hold onto in this sea of confusion.

With a crowd around the scene, VIII was surprised when he got close and didn't see the Miqo'te. Suddently, he felt something on his sleeve. A piece of the Weaver's Guild with an arm going out of it was tugging him. He heard some mumbling which he could not understand due to the crowd's loudness, but figured it must be a plea for help.

Trying not to repeat the same scene as before with roles reversed, VIII got down and tried to lift the Miqo'te.

(The Beta is closer and I can't even sleep. I'm set on Kta Vlll as the name, so see you all on Balmung!)