Some of my music

So, I posted a reply in the "what instrument's do you play" thread, but I thought I'd start something up here as well.  

I've played music for several many years now, multiple influences, and was wondering what you guys think?  Shameless self promotion, but it allows for unbiased opinions, which are aetherial gold to musicians.  

This is a recording I did some time ago.  I lost my drummer as he moved out of state a while back, so I've been working on programming drums and what-not.  I also really enjoy sound production and have a very humble home studio.  There may be more where this came from down the road, but in the meantime...  

Caution... it's a little... noisy:D  Thanks, and enjoy the day!

JyT2JKAkr6I

I'm not a musician myself, so I can't really provide accurate criticism, but I will say that I enjoyed the piece. Besides mucking about on GarageBand for all of ten minutes, my only experience with musicians in person has been with just one who's played guitar for a long time. He has used high-end equipment in the past but mostly plays music from the 60s onwards--talented, but not to my tastes. The "hardness" of this is actually more up my alley. (For some reason my brain swapped in Mandolin when I saw the Mandarin title, so I was surprised to hear heavy guitar.

It does remind me of something that could be used as an opening for a TV or video series for some reason. Sounds very good/clear for being recorded on "humble" equipment, too. Keep up the good work!

I'm not a musician myself, so I can't really provide accurate criticism, but I will say that I enjoyed the piece. Besides mucking about on GarageBand for all of ten minutes, my only experience with musicians in person has been with just one who's played guitar for a long time. He has used high-end equipment in the past but mostly plays music from the 60s onwards--talented, but not to my tastes. The "hardness" of this is actually more up my alley. (For some reason my brain swapped in Mandolin when I saw the Mandarin title, so I was surprised to hear heavy guitar.

It does remind me of something that could be used as an opening for a TV or video series for some reason. Sounds very good/clear for being recorded on "humble" equipment, too. Keep up the good work!

Thanks very much!  I appreciate you taking the time to listen and critique :)

Is it you on all the instruments?  I have not the foggiest notion on how those things work :blush:  

For some reason, some of the parts give off a 70's rock tone to me...very interesting :thumbsup:

Yes, that's me on everything.  My band wrote the tune a while back, but my drummer moved out of state and I lived out of town from my bassist, so I just recorded it all myself and did the drums digitally.  Thanks for the listen :)