One small step.

Chocolina

Salutations RPC!cactuar.gif

I stumbled upon the RPC just by browsing around youtube, trying to get more info about the upcoming release of ARR a few months back.  Goodness though, I have never roleplayed in my life, I hope to create a character that can be something more to the game and make it a fun experience overall.  The only mmo that I have played is gw2. I haven't really played it much(because sadly I didn't really like the game) I did get in the beta for ARR which just seem like my type of mmo I dunno something just clicked that GW2 just didn't do. I got my soon to be character up to about level 30 before pase 3 ended and I see no stop in my enthusiasm for the game. I hope to make Ramza a cool guy, I don't have a set personality for him yet nor a backstory because I really don't know what I am doing. I wish to improve my writing skills and role playing seems like a fun way to practice. I am excited to see where this takes me. 

PS. I am very shy about communicating through the internet,sorry if there is any mistakes. :blush:

Welcome Chocolina.... wait.... *looks suspicious*

Hold on... *rushes off and grabs a FF13-2 strat guide*. I KNEW IT!!!!

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Chocolina

You gotta tell me where you get those outfits !! :bouncy:

That and why won't you carry proper end game max tier items! :bouncy:

Okay in all seriousness welcome to the RPC! No need to be shy either, I can be rather shy myself yet it doesn't seem it at times. Final Fantasy 14 has a magic to it (in my book at least) which very few games can master. They know how to make the world feel alive. You even feel it during videos of the game, but it is multiplied once you actually log into the game and experience it.

Welcome to the MMO scene as well. If you have any questions feel free to ask, and don't worry about the writing skills so much. RP is all about fun and adventure, not spell check :) I remember starting off RP'ing over 16 years ago back in the days of AOL 2.0!! when AOL used to mail you 100's of CD's a week!!!! I'd do RP sessions in chat rooms and maybe pull out 1 or 2 sentences tops. Now in my chat / Instant messenger sessions I can do entire pages. Skills grow in time, just like your character levels up with time and effort.

As suggested by Desmond, try to get a mental picture of Ramza in your mind.. download the character creator and tinker around and find a good image of what he looks like. Might spark ideas.. what works for me is usually finding an image that speaks to me, then finding music and trying to build scenes out of that music.

It is how I ended up picking Fiona's storyline. It came out of her theme since I was trying to find a very "Bard" like song and from said song her entire history just slowly came to me.

I hope to make Ramza a cool guy, I don't have a set personality for him yet nor a backstory because I really don't know what I am doing.

Welcome Chocolina.... wait....   *looks suspicious*

Hold on...  *rushes off and grabs a FF13-2 strat guide*.  I KNEW IT!!!!

Wow an ff13-2 and ff tactics reference from one person, I am impressed indeed. Now if you aren't looking for ff fans to instantly jump to Ramza Beoulve from tactics you may consider working up a different character name, but if you don't mind getting a few OOC (out of character) "did you mean tactics ramza?" messages followed by a thumbsup.gif then the name is awesome as is.

Now that my ff fan meter has been delt with,

Welcome to the RPC! I hope you have fun and if you have any questions feel free to ask. I know I am always open to helping someone better their writing style or building a character(and I am certain most people here feel the same).

Welcome! ::offers cookies::

bouncy.gifmoogle.gifbouncy.gif

I hope to make Ramza a cool guy, I don't have a set personality for him yet nor a backstory because I really don't know what I am doing.

Welcome Chocolina.... wait....   *looks suspicious*

Hold on...  *rushes off and grabs a FF13-2 strat guide*.  I KNEW IT!!!!

Wow an ff13-2 and ff tactics reference from one person, I am impressed indeed. Now if you aren't looking for ff fans to instantly jump to Ramza Beoulve from tactics you may consider working up a different character name, but if you don't mind getting a few OOC (out of character) "did you mean tactics ramza?" messages followed by a thumbsup.gif then the name is awesome as is.

Now that my ff fan meter has been delt with,

Welcome to the RPC! I hope you have fun and if you have any questions feel free to ask. I know I am always open to helping someone better their writing style or building a character(and I am certain most people here feel the same).

Welcome! ::offers cookies::

bouncy.gifmoogle.gifbouncy.gif

:D thanks for welcoming me everyone( you guys make the best cookies). woah yeah I  really liked the name ramza from the ff tactics game.I was concerned about people asking me if it was him that I got the name from, but not too many people asked me about it in the beta but now that I am getting into rp I was thinking about renaming him for immersion purposes(as he is a Miqo'te) and that I would be asked more often about his name being in a different part of the community. seeing as you guys catch on at the Chocolina and all. haha

Welcome! As someone who started their RP career with GW2 I understand your worries, but this community here is really great. If you have any questions about anything please message me and I will help you the best way I can, because I was in the same boat as you were around the same time last year.

Salutations RPC!cactuar.gif

I stumbled upon the RPC just by browsing around youtube, trying to get more info about the upcoming release of ARR a few months back.  Goodness though, I have never roleplayed in my life, I hope to create a character that can be something more to the game and make it a fun experience overall.  The only mmo that I have played is gw2. I haven't really played it much(because sadly I didn't really like the game) I did get in the beta for ARR which just seem like my type of mmo I dunno something just clicked that GW2 just didn't do. I got my soon to be character up to about level 30 before pase 3 ended and I see no stop in my enthusiasm for the game. I hope to make Ramza a cool guy, I don't have a set personality for him yet nor a backstory because I really don't know what I am doing. I wish to improve my writing skills and role playing seems like a fun way to practice. I am excited to see where this takes me. 

PS. I am very shy about communicating through the internet,sorry if there is any mistakes. :blush:

Welcome! 

I'm sure your character will turn out great :) And if you need any help with anything, especially character development, let us know! 

I know a few links and such that might help if you're interested.

http://rpg.ashami.com/

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=2688

Both really help when it comes to fleshing out your character.

But yeah, let us know if you need anything. We would be glad to help!