Hello, nice to meet you all...

Raiviel

MMORPG background

I've only had about 6 months experience with FFXI. 

RP experience

None, but I want to do it after learning about it from others who RP in other MMOs

Character ideas/info

I was looking to make a character who is an antihero, who usually sides with whoever pays her the most gil to complete any task, no matter how dark or light. A jaded individual who only knows the way of the sword and instinct. Idea in progress really.

How did you learn about the coalition?

I had an idea to finally attempt to do RPing so I typed in Role playing FFXIV on Google and this was the first thing to come up.

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

I would like to really immerse myself into my character, so I'd be a heavy RPer

Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

Well I work at a university as a housekeeper and go to a community college full time to become a library technician. Since I work for the university I also take classes there as well. My career goal is to become a librarian so once I finish the 2 year program, I'll (hopefully) transfer into the university and stop working as a housekeeper.

In the meantime, I'll be looking around at the resources you all have been very nice to provide for newcomers and join into discussions once I feel comfortable with my level of knowledge about the lore.

Welcome to the site Raiviel!

Everyone here is really friendly, so feel free to ask any questions you may have. And if you haven't already, take a look at the Linkshells - it's a quick way to get involved with a bunch of people who like to RP.

And making connections on the forum is always a good way to go, too.

Welcome to the site Raiviel!

Everyone here is really friendly, so feel free to ask any questions you may have. And if you haven't already, take a look at the Linkshells - it's a quick way to get involved with a bunch of people who like to RP.

And making connections on the forum is always a good way to go, too.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I will definitely take your advice!

Welcome to the RPC!

Library technician huh? I am currently going to school to get my Masters in library sciences, I hope to work in archives.

Anymoogle, back to RP. We are here to offer any help we can, so if you have a question feel free to ask. 

The character sounds like a good base, but without seeing things a little more fleshed out I am hesitant to say anything one way or the other. here is a good link to help get a solid feel for your character/see what others are doing. 100 questions

Edit: another good source for Lore

Greetings really like your draft idea for your character!

I would love to know more.

Welcome to the RPC and just ask about anything you wanna know.

Also contact me if you wanna share more ideas about your character.  Love the idea!

Konner

Thanks for welcoming me!

I'll be sure to fill you in once I do that really well thought out questionnaire LeCard linked me too!

Welcome to the RPC!

Library technician huh? I am currently going to school to get my Masters in library sciences, I hope to work in archives.

Anymoogle, back to RP. We are here to offer any help we can, so if you have a question feel free to ask. 

The character sounds like a good base, but without seeing things a little more fleshed out I am hesitant to say anything one way or the other. here is a good link to help get a solid feel for your character/see what others are doing. 100 questions

That concentration is what I am aiming for as well. I'd like to be in archives and research.

Thanks for both the links as well!

[align=center]o7kRLrAQ1uI [/align]

Welcome to the RPC!  enjoy your stay :D :moogle:

I really enjoyed the video and the links that you included! You did a great job!

MMORPG background

I've only had about 6 months experience with FFXI. 

RP experience

None, but I want to do it after learning about it from others who RP in other MMOs

Character ideas/info

I was looking to make a character who is an antihero, who usually sides with whoever pays her the most gil to complete any task, no matter how dark or light. A jaded individual who only knows the way of the sword and instinct. Idea in progress really.

How did you learn about the coalition?

I had an idea to finally attempt to do RPing so I typed in Role playing FFXIV on Google and this was the first thing to come up.

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

I would like to really immerse myself into my character, so I'd be a heavy RPer

Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

Well I work at a university as a housekeeper and go to a community college full time to become a library technician. Since I work for the university I also take classes there as well. My career goal is to become a librarian so once I finish the 2 year program, I'll (hopefully) transfer into the university and stop working as a housekeeper.

In the meantime, I'll be looking around at the resources you all have been very nice to provide for newcomers and join into discussions once I feel comfortable with my level of knowledge about the lore.

Heya! 

If you need any help with character development, take a look at these links!

The first one here is a link to guide with useful information. In the lore/info section there is a bunch of links to sites/threads about different topics that can give some great ideas for RP and your character!

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=1821

These last two are personal favorites and are amazing for fleshing out a character in ways you might not have thought about! Take a look :)

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=2688

http://rpg.ashami.com/

Enjoy, hope they helped!

If you need any help beyond that, let us know and we'll do what we can. :thumbsup:

Welcome to the RPC!

That concentration is what I am aiming for as well. I'd like to be in archives and research.

Thanks for both the links as well

Happy I could help. and nice to meet a fellow future archive person. not sure how much research I would do personally, but I certainly like helping other people find those obscure bits of info for their research.