Character option opinion?

Moonie or Middy?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Moonie or Middy?

• Hyur Midlander
    • Miqo'te Keeper of the Moon

Eeep! Help you guys, i can't decide! >_< I've got two possible designs for my main. Bleh, see? I can't even name her until i decide which design to go with, I have to call her "my main".... What do you think? I've gotten my choices narrowed to two, but I can't choose which one to go with.

Thank you for reading, any constructive imput is appriciated greatly! ^.^

Here's my midlander version:

cSUJe4s.jpg

And then my Miqo'te moonie version hehe :P :

bC1T8Vy.jpg

Thank you again for any help!!  :angel:

EDIT: I did vote for the Hyur because of the strong imagery, though.

In my opinion, it would depend on what personality type you'd be more interested in playing. It may be because the Miqo'te is emoting and the Midlander is standing, but I'm getting strong personality vibes from both, the Midlander more so:

The Midlander has a very strong demure, even serene feel to her. This might not be your intention, but she looks shy, maybe refined. She strikes me as the type of person who doesn't talk much, but would take great care of herself (but she certainly doesn't seem like a snotty noble, at all.) When I try to picture where someone like her might live, I see a stately but comfortable house in an area kind of like the screenshot, but more autumnal.

The Miqo'te has pleasant facial features as well, having just a bit of that demeanor, but to a much more slight degree. The fact that you chose to capture her cheering/waving makes me wonder who she's calling out to. She strikes me as more extroverted--although you wouldn't have to play her overly so. Depending on whether you choose to make her tribal or city born, you could have some interesting backstory and personality traits. I already find myself wondering whether she would have been mischievous as a kid and what sort of hobbies and disciplines she would have liked to partake in. Maybe she's not too spunky and is actually very adherent to her culture?

In short, it's my opinion that the Midlander has stronger "imagery", while you could play the Miqo'te in a variety of ways. Both of them look nice, and despite my character's race, I'm not too biased for this particular choice.

I'm going to have to go with the hyur on this one. She has a look to her... an almost haunted look, I think, as if she's seen something she'd rather not have, and she'll try to stop that from happening again. There's a certain shyness to her features, as well. I look at that picture and I wonder, "What happened to her? What's her story?"

IMO, the miqo'te is, by comparison, less interesting.

All that said, backstory and personality are the important thing in terms of what makes a character interesting and what race fits best. If we're just talking about appearances, though, I'd go with the hyur.

I'm going to have to go with the hyur on this one. She has a look to her... an almost haunted look, I think, as if she's seen something she'd rather not have, and she'll try to stop that from happening again. There's a certain shyness to her features, as well. I look at that picture and I wonder, "What happened to her? What's her story?"

IMO, the miqo'te is, by comparison, less interesting.

All that said, backstory and personality are the important thing in terms of what makes a character interesting and what race fits best. If we're just talking about appearances, though, I'd go with the hyur.

I noticed this as well. A lot of it comes from the eyebrows, I think, as well as the curvature/shape of the mouth. In another game, I had a character that I used that sort of facial design for, because I wanted her to have a stricken appearance, vaguely reminiscent to something out of Silent Hill, such as Heather or Alessa (some terrible things happened to her in her backstory). The Midlander kind of reminds me of that character, which intrigues me.

You certainly don't have to have a tragic or traumatic backstory, but that sort of appearance lends itself to that well, and it suddenly makes the house/scenery I imagined seem a lot more decrepit and foreboding...

OMG thank you guys all for the helpful feedback!! :lol:

I'm going to have to agree with the majority as well, you guys were basically confirming what I already had thought. My hyur version of my main is much more reserved and softspoken. Gentle and shy I suppose. While my miqo'te version of her was much more outgoing and extroverted. Much more like my former RP main character. But since this is a new start, I think i'll go with a new concept too.

However, my miqo'te did turn out much more washed out than I meant for her to. Maybe darker hair or something...  Oh well, she can be my alt. if I ever start one.  /shrug

Hmm..well I still have thinking to do. And it doesn't help that RL is going crazy for me today >_<  it's supposed to be the weekend right??  :/   *whimper*

Eeep! Help you guys, i can't decide! >_< I've got two possible designs for my main. Bleh, see? I can't even name her until i decide which design to go with, I have to call her "my main".... What do you think? I've gotten my choices narrowed to two, but I can't choose which one to go with.

Hyur. Hyur Midlander. 

I prefer dark hair over blondes, and I still say Hyur. She is a doll, and I love the sad-ish look on her face. 

Definitely Hyur.

Hyur. Hyur Midlander. 

I prefer dark hair over blondes, and I still say Hyur. She is a doll, and I love the sad-ish look on her face. 

Definitely Hyur.

Thank you for the imput  :)  Honestly, I wasn't trying to make her blonde. I was trying to find a more ginger shade but there isn't quite an option for that.  there's like, sandy brown/blonde and then some weird reddish brown shades that were too muddy for my liking.

I love the midlander. But why is she so sad seeming?!

Hehe thank you :)

She does look a little forlorn in that pic I agree. but generally she's not going to be too terribly melancholy. She's just sensitive, and all the turmoil from the calamity has hurt her spirit I guess you could say.

I vote for the Hyur lady too!

She looks like a perfect vector for a pink, aether-born spore-like entity trying to take over the world and covers it with fungi! :D

Jokings aside, I agree with the others on this, your design of the Hyur woman looks like she got story to tells and that is good! :thumbsup:

Hyur. Hyur Midlander. 

Definitely Hyur.

Thank you for the imput  :)  Honestly, I wasn't trying to make her blonde. I was trying to find a more ginger shade but there isn't quite an option for that.  there's like, sandy brown/blonde and then some weird reddish brown shades that were too muddy for my liking.

If she was a red head then she would be a total babe, no lie there. 

Not that she isn't already, anyway..

I'm surprised there isn't a red-head shade.. Try double checking maybe? :)

If not, what you have now is still good

:thumbsup:

I vote for the Hyur lady too!

She looks like a perfect vector for a pink, aether-born spore-like entity trying to take over the world and covers it with fungi! :D

Jokings aside, I agree with the others on this, your design of the Hyur woman looks like she got story to tells and that is good! :thumbsup:

ahaha so you've discovered my pink cotton candy plot for world domination eh? It'll be painless I promise ;) 

Mostly. :evil:

Hyur. Hyur Midlander. 

Definitely Hyur.

If she was a red head then she would be a total babe, no lie there. 

Not that she isn't already, anyway..

I'm surprised there isn't a red-head shade.. Try double checking maybe? :)

If not, what you have now is still good

:thumbsup:

hehe it's funny you say double check, cause that's exactly what i'm doing right now. I have my benchmark file open and i'm trying to see if I can get the right color. :cactuar:

hehe it's funny you say double check, cause that's exactly what i'm doing right now. I have my benchmark file open and i'm trying to see if I can get the right color. I really like my characters to be ginger like me IRL. :P  it's fun for some reason. :cactuar:

xD Nice Post a picture if you find a hair color you like more. But.. Either way, Hyur >:o Go hyurrrr

hehe it's funny you say double check, cause that's exactly what i'm doing right now. I have my benchmark file open and i'm trying to see if I can get the right color. I really like my characters to be ginger like me IRL. :P  it's fun for some reason. :cactuar:

xD Nice Post a picture if you find a hair color you like more. But.. Either way, Hyur >:o Go hyurrrr

:lol:  okies, defs will do! :thumbsup: