Music!

So I saw this thread and decided I would discuss some music I enjoy, help people get to know me better. :) And due to work policies, no YouTube videos...sorry. :(

Anyway, I love all kinds of music really, but I am a HUGE J-Pop fan. I fell in love with it during one of my trips over there and have been a fan since. My range is really all over the place with it, but I like music by Utada Hikaru, Perfume, The Brilliant Green, Judy and Mary, Namie Amuro, and as silly as some find it, Morning Musume. But Perfume is my most-listened to group. The songs are catchy and tehcno-poppy, but I enjoy them a lot. I also have really gotten into The Brilliant Green courtesy of YouTube, but because they are an older group (and I use the term liberally here), their music is tougher to get (meaning I need to order from a Japanese music site vs buying iTunes or something.

Anyway...lol...I rambled a lot here. :P

Yay, a music sharing thread!  ^^

My tastes are pretty divergent, where I can listen to anything with exception of most rap and almost all things considered "pop".  Really, the list of stuff I dislike is way shorter than the stuff I like.

To that point...I can bounce around genres and songs, from trance-y techno...

NJrmm5P5WSw

...to epic metal badassery...

CFZ_Uyqbr4k

...to hip-hop head-nodding...

OYS_pfcDul4

...to awesome game soundtracks.

dKKrUQo52u8

[align=center]6XCcWlgVqHA [/align]

[align=center]She says I'm NOT ROMANTIC[/align]

[align=center]I say she's TOO DRAMATIC[/align]

[align=center]I tell her while we're at it we can work it NIGHT BY NIGHT[/align]

Been listening to a ton of thrash lately. One of my current favorites, from one of my top albums last year:

[video=youtube]

Since the disbandment of Nevermore, these guys have been my go-to metal band.

Was extremely bummed when Nevermore split. Dane put Sanctuary back together, but Loomis' songwriting was NM's driving force and Sanctuary.. just isn't Nevermore. Blah.

Since the disbandment of Nevermore, these guys have been my go-to metal band.

Was extremely bummed when Nevermore split. Dane put Sanctuary back together, but Loomis' songwriting was NM's driving force and Sanctuary.. just isn't Nevermore. Blah.

The new Sanctuary stuff I've heard from them, mostly live bootlegs, has been good, and Loomis's solo stuff is good, but I agree.  The whole was greater than the sum of its admittedly excellent parts.  You need Loomis, Dane, Williams, and Shepphard to make a band that great.  Sanctuary + Jeff Loomis's solo albums aren't as great as Dead Heart In A Dead World.

There just wasn't a band that sounded like Nevermore.  It'd be like Finntroll or Meshuggah breaking up.  They're irreplaceable because they're so idiosyncratic; there are bands that sound similar, but not the same.