Hiyas - newbie saying hello and seeking advice

Miseria

Hey all, Miseria here. 

First of all, hello! I look forward to playing and RPing with many of you!

I'm very new to Final Fantasy in MMOs (but have been playing the console FF games for decades :) ) and semi new to RP - I RP'd a bit in SWTOR and GW2 though I def would not call myself a vet. I love the immersion and community that RP fosters so I really want to dive into it heads first this time 'round.

On to the advice that I seek :) - Do you guys think the login (1017) issues from this last weekend will persist once we launch? I'm TOTALLY fine with a queue, even a long one. But not getting locked out after I created and started leveling a character. I'm using a few days of PTO time when early access starts so would really be bummed if I spend it staring at locked server message haha.

Are there any RP communities starting out some of the less populated servers or is the general consensus to just deal with the locks/crowds for a bit till things mellow out?

Hey all, Miseria here. 

I'm very new to Final Fantasy in MMOs (but have been playing the console FF games for decades :) ) and semi new to RP - I RP'd a bit in SWTOR and GW2 though I def would not call myself a vet. I love the immersion and community that RP fosters so I really want to dive into it heads first this time 'round.

On to the advice that I seek :) - Do you guys think the login (1017) issues from this last weekend will persist once we launch? I'm TOTALLY fine with a queue, even a long one. But not getting locked out after I created and started leveling a character. I'm using a few days of PTO time when early access starts so would really be bummed if I spend it staring at locked server message haha.

Are there any RP communities starting out some of the less populated servers or is the general consensus to just deal with the locks/crowds for a bit till things mellow out?

Hello and welcome!  A lot of folks here experienced the same issue, but let's try to keep in mind that it was a stress-test open beta.  One would assume that many of the players won't be there on day one as beta is a free trial, and they've been working diligently at upholding the servers and maintaining stability.  They've got a full week to sort out the issues we've seen, so we'll all have to wait and see.  Nonetheless we are all optimistic as a lot of MMO's see some issues during open beta.

Hey all, Miseria here. 

There were big server fixes this morning. If you preordered the game and will be in early access you should be fine. If you haven't everything should be good by launch as early access will help with the servers not being overloaded. Also everyone who was in open beta will not be there at launch. People can afford free but some cannot afford $29 and a sub. A lot will also not buy the game due to whatever first impressions they may have about it.

I do recommend preordering if you haven't already.

Welcome to the site, Miseria! Hope to see you in game!:D

As far as starting somewhere else, I can't speak for anyone but myself and I believe that things will improve greatly as the early access and launch gets underway. I'm staying put on Gilgamesh and waiting to see what happens.

As far as errors, keep an eye on the forums to stay up to date. I didn't get locked out but I did get the "server full, please try again later" thing. There are tons of helpful people here who can keep you updated. Watch those new threads!

Yay, more refugees from the GW2 community :D. Welcome!

I would not be too concerned about the error. I am pretty sure that SE knows what happened and what went wrong. Plus I don't think they were expecting so many people to log in, which I can totally understand. I was quite surprised when all the Legacy servers started filling up. 

I am with Rock on this one. They implemented a fix this morning and I am sure the servers won't be as crowded as they were. There are a decent amount of people who only play F2P games and don't like the idea of a sub so they will not be joining us at launch. I personally have had it up to here with cash shops and pay to win games. All you have to do is sacrifice one going out to eat trip a month to afford a well paid staff that will give you more frequent and larger updates that concentrate on content instead of how to reach into your pocket book. Some people don't like that model for some odd reason. Aaaaaannnnddd rant over 8-)

Welcome to the forums!!!

As for the issues, I wouldn't worry. Any MMO ends up with Queue issues and high ping /lag at launch and during stress tests. Error 3102 and 90000 were by products of this and hopefully square enix has figured out how to deal with it in a timely manor if they even do show up again.

If you eliminate the "load" issues , FF14 is going to launch in a shape that very few MMOs ever launch in. It feels polished, has very few bugs and feels like a game which has had over a year of updates already put into it (which it has, considering this is a rebirth of the original that came out a few years ago)

Throw a few patches in, upgrade the server capabilities for each Shard + maybe throw in 1 or 2 extra JP and NA/EU shards you probably won't have nearly the issue you had during open beta. The worst case that happens is the early access ends up a mess; but it does for every MMO.

SW:ToR was just about unplayable for 2 weeks for many people due to server problems and load

People forget that WoW when it launched was unplayble for nearly a month. Servers would crash easily, huge queue times, corrupt patches etc.

GW2 had lots of issues loading you between zones (you would get stuck on loading screens and get something similar to Error 3102 but GW2 has an AFK time out so after 10mins you would be able to log back in) ; ontop of that the lv 50+ content zones in GW2 had been untested and were virtually unplayable on some servers + many skill points and NPCs would bug out and be unusable for days which locked your progress

AION at launch couldn't handle high congestion, and when you would enter congested areas the client would crash you out; it made PvP and many PvE hubs unplayable

Diablo 3 launch in a nutshell ... (does contain foul language aka.. curses)

So don't worry.... it will be fine. All MMOs and "high player count" games have issues at first. Just push through it and you'll be glad you did since you were one of the originals who survived the initial waves of people rage quitting.